November 23rd 2016 Weekly Session

Hello everyone,

Welcome to our weekly chat. This week, the thread will remain open until tomorrow as usual.

Open issues:

• Browse pages and Search pages showing different results for same category
  • "Apply my Combined Shipping Discounts" option unavailable on Revise
  • Incomplete ID History
  • Link to Community located on Feedback page points to eBay.com
  • Some Search pages show watchers, some don't
  • Items missing from combined invoice
  • Request Total unavailable

Updates:

• Search results page shows shipping costs inconsistent with what's on the item pages - Shipping team working to fix
  • Shipping Calculator returning erroneous rates - Report sent to Pitney Bowes and Canada Post for investigation
  • RESOLVED - Economy Shipping from Outside the US giving wrong EDDs (7-14 biz days instead of 11-23)
  • Selling limits live items count discrepancy - We are investigating further.
  • Missing Tracked Packet destinationsstill no update from PayPal and Pitney Bowes
  • Combined shipping offers not shown to international buyers - ticket open

If anything is missing, please let me know. Thanks!

Message 1 of 104
latest reply
103 REPLIES 103

@dustmite007 wrote:

I will just send the same amount for shipping that I originally charged through PayPal to end this problem. I will put a comment on the payment that this is for Return Shipping for the specific item. This way I at least have proof & I can print up a copy for myself.

Yes, do that.  You have no choice but to act so you better do it right away.  As long as you can show that you sent a full amount for shipping which can be verified by your having paid that much first,  you will have done the right thing according to eBay policy. 

You understand that you might not get the item back?  The buyer might just decide to keep it for the discount.  Considering how this whole story has gone, maybe that's the best thing. 

Just send him the shipping fee then.  Be REALLY nice and polite when you tell him about it, explaining that once the item arrives and you've had time to inspect it,  you will issue a full refund.  See how it goes. 

Message 41 of 104
latest reply

Congratulations Raphael!  The new team will be fortunate to have you.  You've been so helpful, and so patient, and you've always made it easy for us to ask questions without being made to feel foolish.  You'll be missed.

I have one question.  For those of us who are registered on .ca but list on .com, either exclusively or on both, are we no longer eligible to receive promotions for listings on .com?  Many sellers, including myself, have not received other than .ca promotions for many months and, while I don't like to kick a gift-horse in the mouth, I have very few items listed on .ca.  I keep thinking .... maybe the next one, or the next one.  If I knew for sure that we were to be forever excluded, I can stop being hopeful Smiley Happy

Thanks Raphael.

Message 42 of 104
latest reply

Please advise when monthly seller billings will actually be accurate. I usually see the fee credits, but not the fees, so the bill actually looks like eBay should be paying ME (which is correct in some months) but there is ALWAYS a charge to me. Please advise, because I am spending hours and days trying to figure out what you guys are doing. It should be transparent and easy.

Thanks.

Message 43 of 104
latest reply

I made a couple of separate posts that are not very flattering to eBay. Perhaps I should have posted them here. In any case, you can take a look a them - I've only made 3 posts outside of this weekly session thread so they are not hard to find.

Why is eBay now delaying the fee credit until the next month? This is not very nice, and, I swear, eBay is trying to make it exceedingly difficult to match our records to yours, with the result (eBay hopes, I'm sure) that we will give up and just accept whatever eBay bills us. I am not that person.

Please advise what eBay is doing to make monthly seller billings accurate. OR, if this issue is just specific to me, please let me know.

Message 44 of 104
latest reply

There was an issue with seller account invoices this month where the Top Rated Seller discount did not appear where it was supposed to be reflected on a large number of invoices. Are you speaking of that?
Message 45 of 104
latest reply

Thank you for your post.

I don't know if I'm a "Top Rated Seller" so I figure I'm not. I certainly do not have the sales and feedback numbers that many sellers posting here have. But if there was such an issue, then, yes, that's probably what happened on my November 2016 invoice. Thanks for letting me know. That certainly relieves my mind and I trust eBay will fix it. (Why haven't they sent out an email to affected sellers letting them know?)

But I still have an issue with my October 2016 invoice - was charged about $80 when it should have been a credit of about $12. And I have a long history of incorrect billings.

Thanks a bunch for your info!

Message 46 of 104
latest reply

It is an inconvenience to have to use IE for printing especially when Chrome worked fine until a few weeks ago. Did the clearing of cookies and cache - no help.

Message 47 of 104
latest reply

Hi Raphael, Congratulations on your new job and new place to work.  Good luck to you.

On shipping, I would like to see economy shipping for other areas besides Canada.  I use it for Canada but would like to use it for international and US.

shipping economy.jpg

Message 48 of 104
latest reply

@dustmite007 wrote:

... tried going into PayPal & reversing the details but it wouldn't let me. It also asked for dimensions & weight which I don't have anymore ...

Since the end of last year Paypal has been keeping the dimensions (in mm) and weight (in grams) -- both with the Canada Post shipping transaction and with the actual purchase details.

-..-

You could use the Canada Post website to figure the cost from the buyer's location to you, and paypal that amount to them.

Alternatively, you could buy a label online from Canada Post using their Solutions for Small Business (membership is free).

-..-

Message 49 of 104
latest reply

With respect to the Fee Illustrator for Books, DVDs & Movies, Music and Video Games

with 4000 listings fixed price listings   and with a yearly subscription 

on eBay Canada  the total  estimated fees are 

http://www.fees.ebay.ca/feeweb/feeillustrator

No store      C$197.50

Basic           C$207.45

Premium      C$209.95

Anchor         C$299.95

On eBay.com 

http://www.fees.ebay.com/feeweb/feeillustrator

It is the following numbers....

No store      $1,185.00

Basic              $769.95

Premium         $359.95

Anchor            $299.95

On eBay Canada  the listings fee for all stores appears to be 5 cents....  Which  is wrong.based on what the actual  prices for eBay stores on eBay Canada are ........

http://pages.ebay.ca/sellerinformation/stores/Subscriptions.html

Insertion fees for listings  with no store are 50 cents

Message 50 of 104
latest reply

A Correction

Insertion fees for listings  with no store are 30 cents.... NOT 50 cents

My error

Message 51 of 104
latest reply

@cumos55 wrote:

With respect to the Fee Illustrator for Books, DVDs & Movies, Music and Video Games

The fee illustrator is correct.

Are you are complaining that Canadians are being undercharged for media listings?

Which currently is 0.05 for .ca and .30 for USA

Message 52 of 104
latest reply

Billing Currency

All of my listings  were changed from US to Canada  over May 15 to June 15. My billing currency was changed to Canadian dollars  on about May 18.

Final value fees are billed in Canadian dollars

But --- My Anchor store subscription is being billed in US dollars.

The cost for my Anchor store on eBay Canada should be $299.95 in Canadian dollars…. My store is registered on eBay Canada

Yet I am still billed in US dollars  in the range of $220 to $235 US, and have been since June, and now for a total of 6 months

eBay has been contacted  almost monthly for the last 4 months…..  I was promised  some form of communication whether an email or a telephone call… but … I was never contacted

Finally I did get someone on November 17 who appears to understand the problem … I did get an email on November 17, and a second email on  November 18….  indicating that this situation was sent to the subscription team.

But there has been no  further contact..  by anyone from eBay.   It appears that things get lost …. and nothing seems to get adjusted

-----

Up until November  I had US dollars in my Paypal account..

Now if I pay the US dollars amount I have to pay Paypal abou $10 -  $11 to convert $300 Canadian to the US dollars amount on the bill in US dollars.

What is happening if any thing at all?????

Message 53 of 104
latest reply

Not so based on the fees page.....

http://pages.ebay.ca/sellerinformation/stores/Subscriptions.html

Where insertion fees for fixed price listings are.presented as 

Basic        20 cents

Premium   10 cents

Anchor        5 cents

If the fee illustrator is correct,,, then... What am I doing with an Anchor store?

and... Why do I see the Fee Illustrator as  different on eBay Canada than eBay.com?

and... Why do I see this difference between the two sites for books?   and NOT for Collectables...

Message 54 of 104
latest reply

I can find nothing on eBay indicating that books are charged the same insertion fee for all store levels.on eBay Canada

But not eBay.com

and

Why is there a difference between eBay Canada and eBay.com....  specifically as it relates to Books and the Fee Illustrator.

I am almost at the point where I get the feeling  I need new glasses or a new computer.

Am I the only one that sees this difference?

Message 55 of 104
latest reply

@ryan.oneill wrote:

Hello, I was told to submit this here for help.

A month ago I noticed that my store fees were being charged in US dollars. I called customer service and asked if the store fee was supposed to be $59.99 US or $59.99 CDN since I stay exclusively on .ca. She said she would get back to me and the next day she sent me an email saying I was subscribed to a .com store and needed to be subscribed to a ca store to be charged $59.99 CDN.

I was given instructions on how to close the .com store and a link to reopen the store on.ca. I was promised that the early termination fees which were over $300 after the conversion from US to CDN would be credited.  So I closed the store as per her instructions and the link took me right back to the default .com store. I have never been able to open a store on .ca as I am always automatically defaulted to .com. I needed my store open so I hit the button to reverse the store closure and I was back where I started.

I saw the high amount on my new charges to date so I emailed customer service and received a message from another representative saying the early termination fees would of course be credited, but they could not do that until the invoice was generated. I called a customer representative after reading this and was transferred to a billing supervisor and she told me the same thing, wait until the invoice is generated and she has put in the request for a credit already

Last Friday my invoice came in and the $314 for termination fees were on it. I called on Friday and spoke to another representative, was given a service request number, and was told the credit would be processed and someone would contact me on Monday. Nobody contacted me so I called and was told that the credit has not been requested. I asked to be passed on to another billing supervisor and was told that the credit was not requested but she would do it. Another promise was given that I would be contacted today. I do not know if this is true or not. She also informed me that the initial information I was given was wrong and it does not matter if my store is subscribed to .com or .ca, it it $59.99 US either way. I do not know if that is true or not.

In total I have 2 emails from Ebay instructing me to close the store and promising me a credit for the early termination fees, and I have talked to several representatives on the phone who all said the credit is being processed yet it still has not. While I was talking to these representatives they could see the initial email instructing me to close the store and reopen it so they know this was not my idea and my store was closed for less than a minute so obviously they can see it was never terminated.

Yet a month later I still have a fraudulent charge of $314 for early termination fees that has yet to be credited. How much misdirection and false promises are allowed before Ebay makes a very simple credit to eliminate a fee that I should have never been charged for in the first place?

Hi ryan.oneill,

Sorry that you're being put through this. I'll rectify your fees, I promise. But first, let me address a few things. 

The reason why you were being charged in USD for your store subscription was that the store was opened on eBay.com. There is no other way that this would happen. So the teammate who told you your store was open on eBay.com and that you need to close it and reopen from eBay.ca was correct. It isn't true that stores are charged in USD no matter what site you open them on. Stores subscription fees are always in the same currency as the site they are opened on.

Also, when you opt to pay a lower yearly price for your store fees, that comes with cancellation fees if you end your subscription before the year is over. I just want to call caution with calling these fees fraudulent. They are not fraudulent, in fact, you agreed to these terms when you chose the yearly commitment when you subscribed to your store.

Now, with that being said, I looked at your account credit history and see that you have been credited for the early cancellation fee already, on Nov 1st. The line item on your invoice should read "eBay Stores Featured Subscription Fee Cancellation Credit". So I'm sorry but I can't credit that again.

I don't want to get into more details regarding your fees and credits on a public forum, so please get in touch with me by email at raphael@ebay.com and include details on which parts of your invoice you are disputing, if you can attach an annotated copy of your invoice it would greatly help. We can continue this privately. Thanks.

Message 56 of 104
latest reply

@msmaggie060 wrote:

Hi Raphael, sorry to hear you'll be leaving us but I bet the weather will be nicer in San Jose!

i sent you two emails last week in response to requests from you re my two questions i asked in last weeks chat session. Did you have any chance to read them yet or any answers for me? If not, will you please pass them on to your successor. Thank you.

Hi msmaggie060,

Thanks for your kind words! Yes the weather is a bit better in California 🙂

I have investigated on your issue with the AU buyer who said they saw a message that said you don't combine shipping. I have tried in many different ways to purchase items from you from their account and nowhere have I seen such a message. I think there might have been a bit of confusion there, it's hard to tell, but as far as I can see there isn't an issue here. 

Message 57 of 104
latest reply

@rose-dee wrote:

I knew there had to be one more question... Smiley Happy

This may put you on the spot, but can you confirm whether the currency of a listing (e.g. $USD or $CDN) has any relation to visibility.  In other words, is currency considered in the mix that eBay algorithms use to display listings to buyers? 

(Another concern in my dilemma of whether to return to listing on .ca).

Hi rose-dee,

As far as I know, listing currency, in itself, is not a factor in Best Match ranking. I have to say "as far as I know" for the reasons I mentioned in earlier posts, that Best Match is complicated enough that not one single person can claim to fully understand how it works (that's an inside running gag of course, but there is a bit of truth to it).

Message 58 of 104
latest reply

@i.am.vivian wrote:

Hi,
I have a question about eBay's delivery estimate dates as seen from the buyer's perspective after they've paid.  I am not sure if this really belongs on Board Hour or not but it is a "sort of" eBay issue.
I am wondering if what this person says is true:

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Buying-on-eBay/Why-are-there-two-different-Estimated-Delivery-Date-deadl...

If it is true that some sellers can change the official dates posted by eBay and make up longer ones or add them in elsewhere to fool people, I am wondering why eBay would facilitate that.  Most things have a reason even if we don't always agree with it, but I don't understand why this would be.  This here is exactly what sellers will do.  They will greatly increase their dates to delay buyers so that it is too late to file a claim. 

If what that other person says is true  it will alter the way people respond to questions relating to eBay's dates.  It would mean eBay has opened up a gaping hole for unscrupulous sellers to use to avoid legitimate claims for items that are not sent.

Can you offer an opinion on this?

Hi i.am.vivian,

The only way a seller can change the EDDs on their listings is by adding days to their handling time. Beyond that, the system calculates the EDDs based on item and buyer location + the shipping service selected.

Message 59 of 104
latest reply

@silverpinups wrote:

Hi Raphael,

Happy Trails and just in time as Winter starts to settle in.....

There's been an issue with my Seller Dashboard Summary not showing that I received my TRS Discount.

I know it's possibly a temporary glitch but it's been that way for over a week now... 

Good Luck!!

Derrick

Hi Derrick,

Thank you!

The TRS discounts that were missed on the Nov 15 invoice should all have been adjusted now. Emails were sent to the impacted sellers, if you haven't seen it please check your junk mail and your eBay Messages. 

Message 60 of 104
latest reply