Ebay Motors Seller Protection

Hello, I'm new to selling anything on Ebay Motors.  I am interested in listing a classic Honda Trail 70 but have concerns with the agreement on Buyers Protection.  I'll have pictures and video evidence confirming the condition of the Bike is excellent.   Perhaps pictures and/or a video of the condition of the bike being loaded for transport.  My question is what happens if the bike arrives damaged or scratched?  Whats to stop the buyer from making a claim under buyers protection claiming condition was not as advertised?  

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @djackwine - vehicles listed in the vehicles category do not follow the eBay Money Back Guarantee (eMBG) policy - they fall under the Vehicle Purchase Protection Program (VPP). It is a specific coverage program for vehicles and very clearly spells out what a buyer can and cannot claim.

If a buyer makes a claim under that program you will be proactively contacted and walked through your next steps. It is not handled in the same way as returns through the eMBG. 

Providing photos and video is always a great thing too!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Hi Tyler@ebay, your attachment gives a good explanation. ThankYou
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Paypal only for the deposit, balance in cash when picked up or wire transfer if shipped.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

And 'cash' is cash.

Fifty dollar bills for preference.

NOT a cheque. Not even a money order.

A bank draft might be okay if you can take it to your bank before handing the keys over to the buyer.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply