False advertising on Ebay

I purchased stainless steel brake hose lines from a company that advertised that their items were a direct fit for my BMW, they don't fit. I messaged them to ask if the hoses will fit and they said yes. I used their fitment chart  and ebay's fitment chart, they don't fit. I purchased the items more than a year ago, Jan 31 2018, good price and just tried to install them on Monday April 1st 2019, they don't fit. They refuse to allow return, ebay will do nothing. Ebay should be telling the company to change their ad or make the right part.

Really not happy with seller or Ebay.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

So you bought the part a year ago, but only tried to install it recently?

Frankly, I think you would have the same problem with Canadian Tire or your local BMW dealership.

Warranties have limits.

EBay has a limit for dispute of 30 days from delivery.

Paypal has a limit of 180 days from payment.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Any purchase where there is a concern with compatibility always best to see if it will work as soon as possible after it arrives. Much easier if there IS a problem then than way down the road.

-Lotz

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

The problem is not the time it's the part is not a direct replacement as written in their ad. If it had fit I could have installed it and given a positive review. I am not happy that ebay is not going after what is clearly false advertising.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

The problem is that you did not try to fit the item immediately.

Many companies make copies of parts that work just fine.

As stated, both eBay and Paypal will protect the buyer as will your credit card company if you either buy directly with the card or back your PP account with one.

But all have a deadline for those claims.

Your best bet is to contact the manufacturer of the real thing and point him to the counterfeiter.

It won't help you, only you could help you by acting promptly, but you may be able to help others.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply