Seller Fee Caps for stores issue?

I am an ebay seller since 2005, I am creating a new store and selling higher value parts in it, different than my main account. 

I opened the store Aug 29,  listed an item sept 6, and it sold sept 7.  I'm looking at my current account activity, and it shows the FVF for that listing as being $350+HST = 395.50.  

The cap for Motors is supposed to be $250 according to Store Selling Fees article: 

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/store-selling-fees?id=4122

I called this morning, and was basically told since the invoice wasn't printed and I'm just looking at the line-item, they can't see exactly what was billed, or do anything about it (yet).  

Like most people, I'm working with tight margins, so knowing if the fees have changed and I'll be hit with an extra 100 bucks on every sale would be very good to know.

Has anyone run into this and found a solution?  

Looking on the .com also, and the US fees appear to be 350(USD) but the store and the item were both on .ca site.. (also 350usd is like 450CAD..)  so that should be irrelevant. 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I’ve never sold anything that had a fvf higher than the cap so I’m not sure how it works.  It’s possible that they show you the full charge until they invoice you and then on the invoice they change it or credit you separately but I’m just guessing. 

I’m not clear if the account you are posting with is the one with the new store but if it is, you might want to end and relist your older items as I think (but am not positive) that when they sell you will be charged the non store fvf as they weren’t originally listed in the store.  Perhaps another poster can confirm that?

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Thanks for the reply.  

The fee (without a store) for motors is 8.15% which would be approx $410 in fees, so I don't think there is a discount on the way. The fee showing now is exactly $350 (+HST).

The account I'm posting is indeed the one with the new store, I have only listed a few new items (the higher value ones).  The lower value items are below the cap anyway, so wasn't too concerned, and was planning to end and bring over to my other account anyway.

I've got a lot of items to list to the new store, but am holding back til this issue is resolved. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

tyler@ebay   is usually the one we ask for definitive and eBay approved answers.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Just to follow-up:

I contacted merchant support again today on the advice of another eBay employee and, after getting bounced around a bit, got someone at ebay Motors Parts who understood the issue and filed a request with Billing to have it reviewed.

Indeed, I was incorrectly charged $350+HST for the transaction. The request he made was approved immediately, and I was refunded the $100+HST Extra.  Billing noted that it would be correct going forward, as all .ca stores are capped at $250 FVF (with some exceptions) as of Sept 21/2020.. 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

LOL so just saw tyler@ebay posted on the weekly chat, that there was a seller update to change Basic and Premium stores to $350 from $250 in 2019, but the Help Page was never updated (and would be taken care of 09-22-2020. So, not what i was told by Motors Parts and Billing on the phone.

I just checked now, and they "updated" the page, except it now shows *all* store levels have a $350 cap... So, not what it says in the seller update Tyler had posted. .

SO much confusion guys... come on.

Help page link

2019 Seller Update Link:

What .ca Help said yesterday:ohlins 04.png

What it says today (Sept 23,2020):fees20200923.png

Message 6 of 6
latest reply