Seller don't refund even when he said he will

Hello, i've buy an item in september from a seller (with a lot of rating) it was a electric windows conversation kit,

when i received it a piece was missing, i  contact the seller and I agree to wait the month for the new part to received the new part from china, but after the month , and by accident i open a case ( when i didn't received evrything) so for a whole month i didn't contact the seller, so the case close by hitself, after the month, i contatc the seller again and he told me : play wait 5 to 10 buisness days, it might have an issue,  after 10 days, it was the same story, i was kinda unhappy, and he decide to refund me (and when i got the part i will pay back ) but the thing is I still not have received the money or anything , and he told me "we already paid you back, but i can prove it with my paypal account, i didn't received anything, and since i already have open a case, i cannot open a new one !

what i should do ?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

You made a few mistakes, but that is understandable.

NEVER agree to a replacement. Only a cash refund.

If the item is Not As Described, and a missing part is definitely NAD, the seller has to pay to have the purchase returned, if he wants it back.

If he does not pay for the return, you win the Dispute, and you are refunded in full. (You can keep the item since the seller did not want it back.)

BUT

He persuaded you to wait for the replacement.

EBay only allows 30 days from Delivery to open Disputes.

He persuaded you to wait past that deadline.

Okay

Paypal allows you to Dispute for 180 days from Payment.

Go to your Paypal account.

The PP Resolution Centre is at the top of the page under Tools.

Open a Not As Described dispute.

Bad News.

Paypal insists that you return the item to him (in China which is expensive*)

When the TRACKING shows delivery to the seller, you will be refunded.

BUT

Is the cost of tracked shipping back to China greater than what you paid for the window kit?

That makes the problem more difficult.

Do you back your PP account with a credit card? If so, and it is a smart thing to do, you can try asking the 1-800 customer service number about a chargeback.  Card policies differ, so I can't offer any advice except that you should have all dates, transaction numbers, currencies, payment amounts, etc. available to help the clerk make your refund.

and he decide to refund me (and when i got the part i will pay back ) but the thing is I still not have received the money or anything , and he told me "we already paid you back, but i can prove it with my paypal account,

Yeah,

He lied.

*https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

the orignal kit was sell as a canadien kit (that why i chose it) , does ebay have a suport i could contact? since paypal and ebay are link, i was hopping using the ebay service, the user still have over 10 00 review, i mean, if i can't trust a user with that amount of review , how i'm suppossed to trust ebay now ?

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

does ebay have a suport i could contact?

Yes.

You used it.

The Resolution Centre is at the bottom of this page.

It is only available for 30 days after delivery.

When the Dispute you opened closed, it cannot be reopened.

since paypal and ebay are link,

They were once part of the same company, but Wall Street sharks forced them to separate a couple of years ago.

EBay is in the process of setting up a new payment service that will overtake Paypal.

You can open a Not As Described dispute with PP for 180 days (six months) from payment.

The Resolution Centre is at the top of your account page under Tools.

But you will have to return the unwanted item to get a refund, fortunately she is in Canada not in China.

if i can't trust a user with that amount of review ,

Member feedback (which is different from Reviews which are specific to products) is only a general guide.

The number of feedback is less important that the rating. Remember that only about 40% of transactions get any feedback.

And a 95% rating is terrible. Never buy from a seller with less than a 99% rating.

And READ the negative FB for patterns of complaints about poor service, low quality, missing parts, rude communication.

One reason the seller's feedback looks good, is that members have only 60 days from purchase to leave any. 

• If the shipment takes 61 days to arrive, no feedback can be left.
  • If the seller convinces the buyer to wait for a replacement past the 60 days, no feedback can be left.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Well, in that case, that's a big issu with ebay

For paypal the link send my automaticly on ebay
Message 5 of 5
latest reply