Seller scammer

d.marc6
Community Member

Hi all,

First time posting. So not sure if this is the right place to post.I'm looking for advice here, I've bought different items on E-bay, and maybe I was lucky, but I never had a problem. On Oct. 26, 2018, I bought a car part for my 2011 Hyundai Tucson ( a rear view cam)from a seller located in China, I paid $180.00 CAD, with my MasterCard, the estimated delivery time was Dec. 27, 2018. After a week or so, I already noticed that something was wrong, the seller did not provide the tracking #, I contacted him and he apologized and sent the tracking #, which was a UPS #. Long story short, the UPS website never received any item, as indeed there was not any progress/updates on the UPS website! when I contact the seller the second time, he told me that he will check into it, and that's was the last time I heard anything from him. So needless to say that on Dec.27, 2018, I never received anything. So I decided to contacted eBay, which they told me I have to contact PayPal, as more than 1 month went by already, and they will step in to follow my case, which I did, asking for a refund. In the meanwhile,  on Jan. 5th I received something that I never ordered! (some kind of switch/fuse?!) Again Needless to say that he never answered me back. So Paypal wrote me On Jan.6 saying that they denied my case, as the seller provided the tracking #??. So Not sure what to do here as, as far as I understand, Paypal now considered my case close? 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Seller scammer

You can file an item not as described through PayPal.  Before you do that, sign up for the PP return shipping program as PayPal will require that you return the item that you did receive using delivery confirmation and shipping will be much more expensive from Canada.  Hopefully that program will cover your return shipping cost.

https://www.paypal.com/ca/webapps/mpp/returnshipping

However,  I’m not certain if they will cover return shipping for a purchase made before you joined that program but you could phone them to find out. Sign into your PayPal account and click on the help or contact us at the bottom of the page.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Seller scammer

Did PayPal share this tracking with you?

Was this switch that was sent, delivered by UPS?

In any case, do some research on the part you originally ordered as to size, weight etc. Then call PayPal and ask for a review/appeal and provide them this info and ask for the details provided by seller.

If all that fails, if you paid using your Credit Card, you can file a charge back.

I don't buy high priced items from China anymore. Stung too many times.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Seller scammer

Thanks for the useful info. I definitely will check it out
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Seller scammer

Hi, drummond. studios,
and yes they shared the tracking, but it was not from UPS! it was sent to me (Canada) by ordinary mail, (China post). I did not know about the chargeback? But I will check it out as well.
Marco
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Seller scammer

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began I have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 6 of 6
latest reply