Sales are down 90 percent!

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing low sales in the last few days, I usually sell items daily but it appears to have come to a complete stop, 

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

I have found since I had to change over all of my listings from US$'s to Cdn$'s sales have taken a tremendous drop.

Now whether that has something to do with it or not it is just very strange that that was when things started to go poorly.

I have always listed my items in US$ even though I am in Canada. In fact it was something that eBay encouraged you to do.

Is very worrisome, I have never in the almost 16 years I have been selling on eBay ever had a month like this one.

I don't know if it would help to do some listings on eBay.com and if so how would the shipping amounts work.

Any suggestions, critiques etc would be welcome

Message 21 of 24
latest reply

You posted to a thread started in 2013.

You are allowed to start a new thread in the forums when you have an issue to discuss.

But since you're here...

You have an interesting selection of stuff with good images and mostly good title wording (I would have gone with green rather than chartreuse for your juice glasses, but that's a minor quibble).

Since you are comfortable with using small packet air for shipping some of your items, then do consider eBay.COM where you also have free listings every month. Listing on eBay,COM works best when you have flat rate shipping (small packet up to 1kg for the USA).

Here's a list of current shipping choices when listing on eBay.com for the Canadian seller (who ships from Canada)

-.-

To the USA
All flat rate, no calculated, with expected delivery time.

Economy Shipping from outside US (11 to 23 business days)
Standard Shipping from outside US (6 to 10 business days)
Expedited Shipping from outside US (1 to 4 business days)
Flat rate Freight

-.-

Outside the USA, to the rest of the world (including Canada)
All flat rate, no calculated, countries are selectable.

Economy Int'l Shipping
Standard Int'l Shipping
Expedited Int'l Shipping

You can have up to 5 separate International rates for countries you select plus can have "Require buyers to contact you for international shipping costs" as a choice. This last International option allows the potential buyer to ask for a cost and you can calculate a shipping cost to their country. I'd use this choice for Canada since expedited parcel is not flat rate.

-.-

Message 22 of 24
latest reply

Sales are down because of not only the low Canadian dollar but also because of the new shipping policy that adds convenience for seller but extra cost burden to buyer. Quite simply it is cheaper to buy of Amazon.ca where most shipping is free! Greed is eBay's ultimate folly. 

Message 23 of 24
latest reply

@westmountcity wrote:

Sales are down because of not only the low Canadian dollar but also because of the new shipping policy that adds convenience for seller but extra cost burden to buyer.

You just replied to a post from over three years ago.

The dollar was much close to par with the US$ back then -- 20 cents higher in 2013 than now.

What new shipping policy?

As opposed to adding an extra cost burden to the seller.

-..-

Message 24 of 24
latest reply