Starting A New Ebay Store.... Reviews??

I'm curious if anyone knows.... if a person opens a new ebay.ca basic store will your reviews that you already have from a sellers account be transformed to the new ebay basic store?

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @creativeworkscanada - a Basic Store subscription operates as an enhancement of your existing account - your feedback and reviews will definitely carry over. 🙂

Tyler,
eBay

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @creativeworkscanada - a Basic Store subscription operates as an enhancement of your existing account - your feedback and reviews will definitely carry over. 🙂

Tyler,
eBay
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Since you are new to selling get the monthly store payment plan which can be canceled without penalty. The yearly plan is lower but has a high cancellation fee. When you are satisfied with sales in a few months consider the lower cost yearly plan.
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Thanks Tyler

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Two notes:

You can double the number of items you list FREE with no listing fees by listing half your items on dotCA and half on dotCOM.

If you list on dotCOM as well, you have to use US dollars (mind the exchange) and Flat Rate Shipping from an International Location.

If you go for this, your 99 listings would be on the Canada site as part of your 50 Free Listings which you get without a Store.

And 50 of your Free Listings would be on the US site again with no Store.

Monthly savings $24.95.

Your customers see your prices in Search in the currency of the site they are Searching on.

When they click on an item, they see the price in both currencies.

Also- consider using Calculated rather than Flat Rate shipping on dotCA. I looked at one item with a BC and an ON postal code and got the same price, but you might actually have a $5-$10 difference depending on destination.

When you list on dotCOM, you must use Flat Rate Shipping so check costs here:

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

Using 90210 and 20500 as west and east coast zipcodes.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

thank you everyone for your replies. I have about 600 items that I can list, & this is why I'm considering a basic store. I have an business account already with Canada Post but have been trying to figure out how to implement the different shipping charges across Canada on Ebay. I have played with the calculating shipping through the Ebay listing, but the price is about $4 - $5 more than the actually cost to ship my products in Canada.  So I guess I will play with it a little more to get the actual shipping fee I'm looking for.

Thanks again for your replies

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Canada post rates are based on metric measurements (centimetres, Kilograms). Imperial measurements (inches, pounds) should not be used.

In real life both systems are accurate. However the way calculated shipping on eBay and by Canada post are implemented using imperial measurements can lead to upsizing of measurements when converted to metric. Larger measurements may cause a higher shipping rate to be used.

Use metric measurements to minimize this issue. Use metric rulers and metric scales to avoid conversion issues when measuring your items.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

The same quirk works for Stores as well.

You can list your 250 "free" (with subscription ) items on dotCA and put another 250 on dotCOM at no further charge.

I use dotCOM for items that can go LetterPost  or other fixed rate and dotCA for items that have rates that will vary by distance. YMMV.

You could also look into Free Shipping.

Don't panic!

Free shipping means you have included your cost of shipping into the asking price for the item.

Which is cheaper a $160 chocolate pot with $40 shipping or a $200 chocolate pot with Free Shipping? 

And remember that Shipping has a 10% FVF, while selling FVF will vary. For example when you reach Top Rated Seller status, you will get a 10% discount on your selling FVF.

https://pages.ebay.ca/seller-centre/fees-payments/fees.html#fees-table

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Oh while browsing the Boards, I noticed a reference to Paypal's new NetParcel service.

Sounds like it was made for sellers of high value, bulky items like yours.

@creativeworkscanada 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply