When will Ebay implement 2k or 5k Level store? Where can we tag ebay developers!

ayatcg
Community Member

The jump from 1k to 10k store listing is crazy. I really really hope ebay introduces another level in between that ie. 2k or 5k store listing! i'm happy to pay a little more for those, but I wont be able to do a 10k listing  store. 

Anyone else think they should implement this?  

They should call it the entrepreneur store, 2k or 5k store. 

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

When will Ebay implement 2k or 5k Level store? Where can we tag ebay developers!

Some Store subscribers -- even Basics-- got 50,000 promotional listings for the time being.

I got that on a couple of my IDs, though I'm hard put to break 1500 on any of them at the moment.

I would certainly consider a 2000 / Entrepreneur (love the name) level.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Sellers have been asking for a store level like that for a long time but ebay hasn't seem interested so far. I agree that it would be a good idea.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Why the need for more store levels?

Simply pay for extra listings you need each month over your current store level. This way you pay for exactly what you use. There will be a point where the next store level will be cheaper than paying for extra listings.

If you have a basic store of 250 free included listings but need 275 pay the insertion fee for the 25 over the free. Cheaper than getting a Premium store with 1,000 free included listings and having leftover unused listings.

One advantage is when you get a free listing promo for extra listings you can use it automatically to pay for your extra listings.

Another advantage is you can lower costs by reducing the listings at any time to the store level.

Same method for a Premium store with 1,000 free included listings. If you need 1,250 pay for the extra 250 and be cheaper that the Anchor store.

Your monthly fees will be exactly what you use.

As mentioned earlier, there will be a point where the fees paid for extra listings each month will exceed the cost of going to the next store level. I don’t have time to calculate it but easy to do.

To me extra store levels do not make sense when you already can have exact listings costs to what you use over a given store level.
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

The issue is, I can scale to 2k-5k no problem, but I cannot scale to 10k overnight. So I'd rather pay that extra amount for a bridge store  (2k/5k). Then when  I feel like I can do 10k I'll make that jump.

It's not economical for me to pay an extra 2k listing when I only have a premium store of 1k listing. 

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

With a Premium store it is $60 per month  for 1000 listings at no extra cost per month.

For each listing over 1000, the charge is 10 cents per month

---------

Now.... What happens if a seller has 3400 listings on eBay?

With a Premium store it is $60 for the first  1000 listings.... and there are 3400 minus 1000 equals 2400 listings at 10 cents per listing for a total of $240 .... (2400 x 10 cents) per month.

With 3400 listings in a Premium store the total cost is $60 plus $240  equals $300.

An Anchor store with no extra cost for  up to 10,000  listings will cost $300 per month

A Premium store with 3400 listings is the ...... same cost ..... as an Anchor store with the same number of listings.....

With more than 3400 listings and up to 10,000 listings on eBay,  a seller should have an Anchor store......

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Other store options were listed on the Spring 2018 Announcement. They just never happened. Dot ca currently has 3 options to dot com's 5.

https://www.ebay.ca/sub/subscriptions

https://www.ebay.com/sub/subscriptions

-Lotz

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Have just learned about a ...  Final Value Fee Cap....

$250 for an Anchor Store

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Final fee cap of $250 per item??
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

I guess from an premium to anchor it's $100 difference. But

I would wouldn't mind paying more for a 5k listing store.
Message 11 of 11
latest reply