billing cycle dates

I'm going to downgrade my store subscription on January 1st to take advantage of the increase in fixed-price listings. I'm being billed on the 16th of the month. My question: Am I paying for the actual month? i.e. December 16th payment for all of December. Or is the payment for the previous 30 (31?) days, Nov 16 to Dec 15, or for the following 30/31 days, Dec 16 to Jan 15?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

billing cycle dates

I believe it would be the billing period , in your case from December 16 to January 16, and based on the day of the month you opened the account way back when.

'

tyler@ebay 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

billing cycle dates

Thanks for the tag @femmefan1946 !

Hi @busybeas_books - store subscriptions bill in advance, meaning your store subscription would be charged from the 16th of December to the 15th of January. 

Most subscription upgrades/downgrades run on a calendar month cycle, however. Meaning that no matter when you choose to downgrade it would future date that to the beginning of the next month. So something you submit now would take effect January 1st, but waiting until the 1st of January means it won't take effect until the 1st of February. 

All this to say that no matter when you submit the change your next invoice is going to see a few different prorated charges and credits: Credit for the portion of the store you didn't use, and prorated charges for the new subscription, plus a full month to get you billed in advance again. 

Best of luck in the new year!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

billing cycle dates

Thanks for the responses. I'll change  before January then. I'm on  the yearly plan, and plan on going from anchor to premium level. The change subscription page says I'll owe around $500 to change early (start date was June), but as I'll be saving about $230 a month (for January to June) it's a no-brainer. I just wanted to make sure the 10,000 free listings were going to be in effect after I make the change as my listings are spread out during the month. Almost all of mine are in the collectibles categories, but there are a few hundred that will renew before January.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply