eBay will drop access to Traffic Reports for store owners June 30

Message received from eBay:

"As an eBay Stores subscriber, you have access to a number of powerful marketing tools, including Sales Reports Plus and Store traffic reports. Starting June 30, you'll no longer be able to access Store traffic reports. Later this year, we'll introduce new features to replace the current Store traffic reports.

We're committed to notifying you 60 days in advance of any changes to features included with your Stores subscription. We apologize for any inconvenience this change may cause. Know that your access to Sales Reports Plus is not affected and that in the weeks ahead, we'll let you know all about the new reporting features we'll soon offer.

As always, thank you for selling on eBay and for subscribing to eBay Stores."

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Since Traffic Report is an important and valuable part of the store subscription, will eBay lower their monthly fees to adjust for the lack of this feature?

We all know the answer, don't we?

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Chuckles!!   As if eBay would reduce the fees as they are way too "greedy" for so long!

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually would prefer that eBay double our free monthly listings then reduce the fees.   To reduce the fees would be about $5.00, not worth it.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Many... Many... years ago our traffic report was provided by ... Andale... if I remember correctly.

Then came Omniture...the replacement.... It took a while for Omniture to make its presence felt in a 100 % manner.

Traffic reports are a valuable asset in following what potential buyers are looking at....

Will there be a replacement?

Can I live without Traffic Reports?

I use traffic reports on a regular basis sometimes several times a day..... 

and if eBay removes it and does not provide an equivalent or ... better... option...

Ouch!!

Traffic Reports were a way of measuring the visibility of listings on eBay...  

If there is no equivalent to Traffic Reports.....  Sellers will not know, if... and ... when .....a seller's listings are being viewed.

The question of ... IF... is most important....

How else will a seller know that the choice of what to list was correct?

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

eBay has a new version of Listing Analytics. Read here:

http://www.ecommercebytes.com/cab/abn/y15/m05/i21/s02

eBay Analytics Tool Gets Upgrade from Terapeak
By Ina Steiner
EcommerceBytes.com
May 21, 2015   

An analytic tool for eBay sellers has gotten a major upgrade this week. The eBay Listing Analytics app gives sellers a dashboard showing their sales performance and is designed to help them improve their listings, thereby boosting their sales. While the tool is developed by longtime third-party developer Terapeak, the tool is housed inside eBay's Applications tab.

Maybe an enhanced version of the eBay Listing Analytics will be replacing the old Omniture system being retired???

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

I am testing the Listing Analytics. Interesting. Works on eBay.com only for now, not on ebay.ca.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

It has some impressive date ranges for the stats. I can see sales stats from all of 2014 to current. Not before Jan 1 2014.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@pocomocomputing wrote:

Maybe an enhanced version of the eBay Listing Analytics will be replacing the old Omniture system being retired???

I was hoping eBay might introduce a system like the one on another site I sell from, which links the statistics directly to listings, and has a very easy-to-access stats summary directly from the seller's main page.  

I always find it a bit awkward to get to the information on Ominiture.  It would be so helpful to have a direct link -- maybe under the "Account" tab?

I found the existing version of Listing Analytics on .ca was only marginally helpful for my situation, but I'll take a look at the new version on .com.  (Can a Canadian seller who is not currently listing on eBay.com see it, I wonder?)

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

The Listing Analytics on ebay.com USA allows you to select the ebay site you list on as a filter. So I can All, ebay.ca or ebay.com. So I assume you can see you listings on eBay.ca.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply