Ending eBay Bucks Program in CANADA but not US????

After reviewing the eBay Bucks Rewards Program, we have made the difficult decision to end the Program in Canada. We want to thank you for participating in the Program and being a valued member of our community.

You'll continue to earn eBay Bucks until March 31, and in early April you'll receive your final Certificate, which will expire after 30 days. As a token of our appreciation, we'll add a US$5 bonus to that last Certificate.

Again, thank you—we have appreciated your membership and hope you have found it rewarding. If you have any questions about the eBay Bucks closure in Canada, please feel free to visit our frequently asked questions page.

Sincerely,

eBay Bucks Team

Message 1 of 104
latest reply
103 REPLIES 103

premrv
Community Member

Canadians always seem to get the shaft with a lot of things in this world and ebay is just adding to it, and that Sucks,

I already stopped selling on ebay a long time ago because of the constant increases in fee's!

Garage sales are better way for me to get rid of the things I know longer want (and no fee's)!!

This latest decision will definitely effect what & how much I buy on ebay in the future!

Message 81 of 104
latest reply

Lol outrageous but guys Im pretty down for the 5$ and plus just open a new account on a Us address 

Message 82 of 104
latest reply

So outrageous..,, deleting my account.
Message 83 of 104
latest reply

@marshmellowsnz wrote:
So outrageous..,, deleting my account.
So outrageous that you continued buying on eBay after the eBay Bucks program was discontinued at the end of March? 
Message 84 of 104
latest reply

They only want to earn money. That is really bad to cut off the incentive of eBay bucks for Canadian buyers. The reason of stopping eBay bucks has no sense.
Message 85 of 104
latest reply

"They only want to earn money."

That is 100% correct.  Is there something wrong for a business like eBay wanting to make a profit?

Canadian buyers wishing to earn "rewards" on their eBay purchases can do so using credit cards offering "rewards" (such as BMO MasterCard offering AirMiles, and others having different "rewards" program).

Message 86 of 104
latest reply

eBay probrably did mention through emails or something that the ebay bucks program ended.....

But myself...I never realized until today that it was missing. Sorry something this big wasn't advertised enough to get everyones attention. And I just recently made a lot of purchases with eBay. So I'm out on a lot of very useful ebay bucks....

It's silly. I just changed my registered address to a USA address and now I'm back in the ebay bucks program....how stupid is that....
It's only a way to shaft out the ones who aren't up to date....who totally forget...they are the ones who dont care really...but only because they are uninformed.

Message 87 of 104
latest reply

Not legal!  Purely prejudice.  The NAFTA does not prohibit or cost ebay to offer Canadians this same incentive as Americans. And, a class action should be filed against ebay… Of course, the exchange rate (because Canadians pay in US currency) screws us too as the rates are always different than the banks.  Com'on Ebay!  You should reverse this before it ends up costing you a lot of money in a class action filing.

Message 88 of 104
latest reply

"Not legal!"

???

Where is law - specifically - do you see where a corporation is prohibited from offering an incentive program in one county and not in another?

Canadian law?  US law?  California Law?

Have you consulted a lawyer?

Message 89 of 104
latest reply

Details of the program for US residents buying on eBay.com: http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/ebay-bucks.html

Now, sometimes we should look at the advantages given Canadians on eBay.

For example, when Canadians sell to Americans, they pay PayPal 2.9% fee

When Americans sell To Canadians, they pay 3.9% fee (includes 1.00% cross border fee).

Should Americans file a class action against eBay/PayPal because Canadians get a break?

Message 90 of 104
latest reply

Really a 1% difference shouldn't be noticeable, and the Canadian dollar is down right now, so technically, US buyers are already paying less on purchases.

It may be illegal to not offer the same rewards program to Canadians, but it also isn't necessarily being done in good taste.

Message 91 of 104
latest reply

Discrimination class action

Message 92 of 104
latest reply

Oh Please.

Class Action Lawsuit ???

Do you have enough for a retainer ?

Message 93 of 104
latest reply

Well of to a different site to by from...ebay is not the only site
Message 94 of 104
latest reply

I have to assume that it has to do with the fluctuating difference in the value of the US and Canadian dollars. Anyone agree or know the true reason why? I  understand that this took place several years ago but I am curious to know if this was indeed the reason why.

Message 95 of 104
latest reply

Have you since changed your address back to the Canadian one? Have you considered the points made by another poster who was citing the advantages that the Canadians enjoy relative to the Americans?

"Now, sometimes we should look at the advantages given Canadians on eBay.

When Americans sell To Canadians, they pay 3.9% fee (includes 1.00% cross border fee)".

Message 96 of 104
latest reply

@happyquailsfarm wrote:

I have to assume that it has to do with the fluctuating difference in the value of the US and Canadian dollars. Anyone agree or know the true reason why? I  understand that this took place several years ago but I am curious to know if this was indeed the reason why.

I doubt that had anything to do with as there was very little difference between the two currencies around that time.

The way that I understand it, it was all about numbers. A company is only going to run a program if it benefits them and obviously it benefits them more in the U.S. than in Canada. Perhaps there were just not enough people here using it to justify the costs.

Message 97 of 104
latest reply

@happyquailsfarm wrote:

Have you since changed your address back to the Canadian one? Have you considered the points made by another poster who was citing the advantages that the Canadians enjoy relative to the Americans?

"Now, sometimes we should look at the advantages given Canadians on eBay.

When Americans sell To Canadians, they pay 3.9% fee (includes 1.00% cross border fee)".

That changed in May. There is a now an .8% cross border fee for a Canadian seller when selling to a buyer in the U.S

Message 98 of 104
latest reply

How come it recently say "You earned US $0.01 in eBay Bucks" when I using and buying from ebay.ca ?

Have they brought back this program for Canada what ?

Thanks

Zhong

Message 99 of 104
latest reply

Looks like eBay Bucks is back for Canada ? -

ebaybucks.jpg

Message 100 of 104
latest reply