500 free listings on Ebay.ca and Ebay.com

Hopefully someone knows this answer...if it even exists.

I am trying to locate the number of free listing I have used per month. Ebay says I get 500 free on .ca and 500 on .com. Under my "promotion listing used" section of my Ebay, it shows a number(lets say 34 of 500). It says the same number on when I log on .ca and when I log on .com. So it is only tracking the number of listing I have used on one site, probably listings on .ca.

Has anyone found the number of free listings used per month for .ca and for .com?

I want to maximize my free listings per month by not having more then 500 on one site.

Thanks for your time.

poupas2

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: 500 free listings on Ebay.ca and Ebay.com

You may have only created listings on one site so far. Once you have listed on the other site as well, the number of listings used  should show in the same section you are seeing the other ones. I think..

Message 2 of 30
latest reply

Yes if you are a Premium store you will get 500 on each.....to see the number you are talking about just list just list a min of 1 on each.  That way you will see both listed at the same time.  I caught this earlier today and posted a riddle on this..........I hope Ebay does not change the rule on this.

Message 3 of 30
latest reply

Where do you guys see this counter of "promotion listing used" ?

Message 4 of 30
latest reply

"my eBay" or "Selling Manager"

The counter is only visible after at least one listing has been listed on the site.

Message 5 of 30
latest reply

I had some listings relisted since May 1 on .COM but my Selling Manager is on .CA

Nothing on neither site.

Which section should it be under, Selling Reminders ?

Message 6 of 30
latest reply

I had some listings relisted since May 1 on .COM but my Selling Manager is on .CA

Nothing on neither site.

Which section should it be under, Selling Reminders ?

Bottom right of the page under Listing Offers. I see the info for both ca and com. I do have selling manager for both sites though so I don't know if that makes a difference.

Message 7 of 30
latest reply

Thanks PJ, found it on .CA under Selling Manager. I was searching for "promo" keyword 🙂

There is two sections:

Free Auction-style or Fixed Price Insertion Fees
List Auction-style or Fixed Price FREE with any start price. Learn More
Start: 01/05/13 00:00:00 EDT
End: 01/06/13 00:00:00 EDT
3 / 497

Free Auction-style or Fixed Price Insertion Fees
List Auction-style or Fixed Price FREE with any start price.
Start: 01/05/13 03:00:00 EDT
End: 01/06/13 03:00:00 EDT
39 / 461

So the top one must be for .CA and bottom one for .COM

With the free listings allotment per site, new fee structure is actually good deal if you use-up both allotments. I think Americans should be able to use .CA as well.

I just tried to list something on CO.UK, but no free listing there 🙂

Thanks again

Message 8 of 30
latest reply

"I think Americans should be able to use .CA as well."

They are.  They just do not know about it..... yet!

Message 9 of 30
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was telling one of my US friend that she can list on .CA and she didn't even knew she can do that!   You also can list for free up to 30 on Australia site.  No luck with other site as I did tried with every other site to take advantage of free listings.

Message 10 of 30
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone of you have tried to list any items on eBay.com (USA)?  I tried to list an item and it took me over one hour for just one fricking item!!  The page is insane, I cannot insert $$ for shipping costs for Canada and International.

It just says: "We are unable to calculate your shipping cost based on your current item location.  Please enter a vaild item location which includes the City, Zip Code and Country.  If your item location is now within in the U.S. please select "flat rate shipping" and I did that by choosing the flat rate shipping to USA and then it comes up:

"You should consider selling to Canada and International"  Duh to eBay!  Hey eBay, why are you making it pure hell for us to list any items outside USA??

When I click choice of country to ship but it kept coming up "see more shipping services" and I clicked it and nothing but all USPS mail services!!

It only includes "Add to sihp to the US, buyers contact for costs.  It means that eBay wants the buyers to "contact" me for costs!!

I want to include the shipping costs for Canada and International on the page, not wanting the buyers to contact me which is waste of time.  It would only discourage the buyers from contacting us for find the shippnig costs.

The page should include the ability for us to list the costs for shipping for Canada and International.

Now I see why we are seeing so many US sellers have that because eBay is NOT MAKING IT EASY for sellers to list their items because eBay DON'T include that on the page for the sellers to choose or have the options to include.  No wonder!!

See the item# 400480849500.

I am trying like a heck to include the shipping costs for Canada and International on the page on eBay.com but eBay DOESN'T ALLOW IT.  Why?????????????????????

Anyone have idea about that and how I can include that??

As non-store, I was able to do so but as a store, I cannot do that, it doesn't make senses!!

eBay, come on, make the page very easy and give  ALOT of options and choice for us to include not making it pure hell for us to struggle unless you don't want us to list on eBay.com, is that???

And what more eBay is very fishy, when I was about to submit it, it came up with a huge information for Global Shipping Program (GSP) which I had to decline it.  I suspect that it will pop up each time I am about to submit any item!!  What a waste.  It seems that eBay really, really, really, really, really WANT us to join the insane bogus GSP so badly so they can earn more $$$.

Anyone can help as how to include the shipping costs for Canada and Internationl on each listing or is that it for us, pure hell??  Meaning we sell our items to USA only on eBay.com???

Message 11 of 30
latest reply

I answered your question about shipping options in the following thread

http://community.ebay.ca/topic/Seller-Central/What-Am-I/4000008816

post 8

Message 12 of 30
latest reply

It looks like you got it figured out for Item# 400480849500  .:)

The only thing that looks confusing is that you have a $11.50 shipping cost for Australia, Asia, Mexico, Germany and Japan.  And then for all other countries (except for U.S. and Canada) the price shows as $10.50

Is that how you wanted it?

Message 13 of 30
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally it worked for me AFTER I revised it and all options came up.  It didn't came up on the page for the 1st item!! 

Yes it is $11.50 for Australia as I have to use more than 2 sturdy corrugated board inserts for 8x12 inches photos so they don't get bend or fold or even bend corners for the photos. 

The mail system can be butural on photos especially corners of the photos, that is why I have to ship which weigh up to 250g to ensure that the photo would arrive in its prestine conditions.

Maybe you think it is too expensive but it is not possible to ship it at 100g as it is over 100g.   Thanks.

Message 14 of 30
latest reply

No, I'm not saying that it is too expensive. Since you were having problems with it, I was asking if that was how you wanted it so that if it wasn't, I could help you figure out how to do it differently.  I see that you have changed it and that all international countries are $11.50 now so obviously you know what you are doing now.

Message 15 of 30
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I rechecked the PayPal Shipping for shipping cost.  It seems that with Light Packet, all countries have the same shipping $$ while with Small Packets Air, it has 2 different $$$ for some specific countries, both in same weight up to 250G.  Not making senses, so I decided to pick 1 same flat rate for all countries.

Another problem is with Buyer Requirements, I didn't want it but for some reasons it came up and I tried to "unblock" it by removing the check in the box and it kept came up with it and I cannot unblock the check, I tried it 10 times.  It seems that it didn't want me to not have the Buyer Requirements.  I don't want it as it always caused complications.  Especially when I had some very good buyers upset, saying that they did get a strike but that was 5 years ago!!

So I really don't want that feature in my listings, so how to remove it.  Do I have to start it all over with a new page?  That is a lot of work to start it all over. 

Or eBay is starting to have "control" over that and think I should have it in my listings?  I hope NOT!!  That is my business to choose it or not.  I do get unpaid item buyers but don't want the buyer requirements as it is not a good idea to have it as it is causing too much complications as I knew some of you have the similar problems. 

Thanks.  Hope anyone can help.  I don't want having to call the customer service anymore as they are so incompent and don't have the full knowledge they should have and too often it is a waste of time calling them only to find someone following the script which I felt it is an insult for all of us who call them.  I felt that anyone working at the customer service MUST have full knowledge and MUST have all answers to any questions.  eBay is wasting a lot of $$$ in paying those service that is so bad.

Message 16 of 30
latest reply

For Canada Post Small Packets Air and Surface, the world is broken down into 10 world zones.  There is a different rate to each world zone based on distance and volume of mail going to that world zone.

For 250 grams, the rate ranges from $9.10 to $11.38.  Most of Western Europe (Zone 2) is $9.10. Australia / New Zealand (Zone 5) is $10.23. Remote parts of Africa and and Asia (zone 10) are $11.38.

For 500 grams, the rate varies from $18.20 to $22.15.

See the Canada Post Postal Guide for other rates.                     

Message 17 of 30
latest reply

Another problem is with Buyer Requirements, I didn't want it but for some reasons it came up and I tried to "unblock" it by removing the check in the box and it kept came up with it and I cannot unblock the check,

I'm assuming that you are trying to do this on the listing page?

If so..follow these steps instead

Go to your my ebay page

Click on accounts

To the right of buyer requirements click on Show and then on Edit

There are probably some checked boxes there that you don't want

You can also check off a box near the bottom that will make those preferences apply to your active listings.

Once you have removed the ones that you don't want, click on submit

Message 18 of 30
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am NOT using Canada Post Rate Guide ever again.  I use PayPal Shipping to purchase shipping labels which are much cheaper than Canada Post.  And what more PayPal Shipping is ideal for me or anyone who are mobility limited like myself and cannot go to Post office at any time.  I can do PayPal Shipping 24/7 in my PJs!! LOL!!

Anyway with PayPal Shipping it is way more cheaper than what you quoted here, I use Light Packet Air much cheaper than Small Packet Air and good up to 500g.  With Light Packet, I can use one same rate for all countries while with Small Packet Air, it vary with different rates, depending on which country which not make any senses as it is the same weight and deminsion!!

As for trying to remove the Buyer's Requirements, it is like stuck like crazy glue, so I am going to end 2 listings and relist them with the other listings that has no Buyer's Requuirement.  I can see it is not going to be easy which I remembered a few years ago.  Not worth it and will not touch it even if eBay offers us 100% less for final value fees or whatever!!  It is plain not worth it at all, period unless eBay changes it but I doubt it.  That feature is too complicated and I had some buyers complaining about it, cannot buy or bid on it just because of that.  Nah, not worth it!!

Message 19 of 30
latest reply

Select the All Selling & go to the very bottom of the page. If you've got more than one page you might have to go to the very bottom of the last page of your listings. 

Message 20 of 30
latest reply