A Liberal Majority

A Liberal majority - you've got to be effing kidding.

I guess the people of Ontario like politicians that are the biggest crooks.

Squander a billion dollars for political gain - and they reward you. 

Well, my guess is that we won't have to look at Hudak much longer.

Message 1 of 165
latest reply
164 REPLIES 164

A Liberal Majority

Hudak just announced he is resigning as PC leader.

Message 2 of 165
latest reply

A Liberal Majority

Irony?  Hudak was going to cut 100,000 govt. jobs.   Well, the only one he cut was his own.

Message 3 of 165
latest reply

A Liberal Majority

Ontario is doomed !

Message 4 of 165
latest reply

A Liberal Majority

Well Hudak is done and not just the party but him as well. Amen!

On top of that, the Cons lost more seats.

Did I want a Liberal majority? Not really. But I'll take what I can get as long as Hudak's name isn't attached to it.

I won't go into details but people in Ontario luckily missed the bullet on this one.

Harper's next and then we can get back to taking this country out of draconian ideas and ideals. Back to the people and not the 1% masters.

Photobucket
Message 5 of 165
latest reply

A Liberal Majority

I am not sure i follow you .. Having a party that is as currupt as we've ever had is a step in the right direction for Ontario?

I did not give hudak my vote but i am a small town northener and smart enough to enough if Wynne keeps on killing the private sector the public sector dies with it so hudak being upfront not the worse thing ever ....I don't trust the guy but what do people think is gonna happen if wynne destroys all these towns with industries shutting down  they think the teachers and police will keep there jobs half a town has to leave to find work out west ...

This is a sad day for ontario .... Thanks Toronto and 905 area for voting based on transit yaaaaaaaaa out futures screwed but your drive to work will be short..

Message 6 of 165
latest reply

A Liberal Majority

O wait I just remember wynne plans on giving business our tax dollars now making it cheaper for them to operate in Ontario just give them our money to run a business in ontario ..

Message 7 of 165
latest reply

A Liberal Majority

Listen to the wind.

Surprising many folks, the Liberals won a majority in Quebec a few weeks ago (second largest province in Canada)

Surprising more folks, the Liberals won a majority in Ontario yesterday (largest province in Canada).

Two provinces representing over 62% of the population recently elected majority Liberal governments.

Are you listening Mr Harper?

Listen to the wind.

Last year the folks of British Columbia also elected a majority Liberal government (third largest province in Canada).

That makes it: three largest provinces representing 75% of the population recently elected majority Liberal governments.

Are you listening Mr Harper?

Listen to the wind.

It will be no surprise when Canada finally kicks the Harper government out of office next year.  The extreme right (Tea Party) may be influential in the USA but it (Reform) is now out of flavour in this country.

Message 8 of 165
latest reply

A Liberal Majority

The way I see it is the GTA Area elected Liberals not Ontario.. Liberals say there going to help all of ontario ... I don't think Wynne if knows there is a northern ontario ... O well Maybe she will do good but something tells me were in for a ride that will make harper look like a member of the girl guide scouts .... 

Ready for Trudeau next year  ....

Message 9 of 165
latest reply

A Liberal Majority

She is from Richmond Hill

I thought anything north of Steeles Avenue was Northern Ontario  bth_wink_zps708fd8be.gif

Message 10 of 165
latest reply

A Liberal Majority

"knows there is a northern ontario ."

Of course Northern Ontario is important to the people who live there.  However, reality is that, despite its vast territory, the region represents a very small percentage of the Ontario population and accounts for seven seats (out of 107).  Of the seven seats, the NDP elected five members and the Liberals two. No Conservative. Same old, same old for that region.

If you look at Eastern Ontario, with a much larger population, you see blue everywhere (except Ottawa).  It has been that way for a very long time. The same is true for South-Western Ontario (except for Windsor).

The coloured map says it all:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/elections/ontario-election-live-riding-results/article1...

Al the end of the day, while my part of the world (Eastern Ontario) generally voted blue, we all accept that the totality of the province population elected a red majority government.

And life does go on.

Message 11 of 165
latest reply

A Liberal Majority

With a majority the Liberal party will be even more liberal with throwing  our taxpayers dollars into the wind.

Ontario is now the least friendly province to operate a business and when  Wynne adds the pension Tax to the works  it will be even  more attractive for business to leave and go where they are wanted.

Message 12 of 165
latest reply

A Liberal Majority

The north had more seats but they took them away a few years back because nobody wants to tackle the issue of the north due to the vast land and low population and never ending struggle to be heard but wynne says she will help all of ontario so maybe she will only time will tell ......

Message 13 of 165
latest reply

A Liberal Majority

I just wanted to see them care about the north .. Toronto has a disgusting unemployement rate and if they don't fix the north and the rest of ontario along with GTA Area jobs will keep disappearing...  The North Creates alot of jobs for the south even though people don't realize it ..

Message 14 of 165
latest reply

A Liberal Majority

Will  the huge amount of money spent by unions on  attack adds be counted as election expenses by the Liberal party ?

Message 15 of 165
latest reply

A Liberal Majority

if Wynne keeps on killing the private sector the public sector dies with it so hudak being upfront not the worse thing ever ....I don't trust the guy but what do people think is gonna happen if wynne destroys all these towns with industries shutting down  they think the teachers and police will keep there jobs half a town has to leave to find work out west ...

Where is Wynne killing jobs? Every business that has closed up or left Ontario has never said it was because of taxes or hydro costs or anything else that had to do with the Province. We're forced in a global economy and that is what is causing the changes. To me what is killing jobs is Free Trade. Our corporate leaders and the banks and the politicians set us up for their own benefit.

• -        First send our jobs to Mexico and offshore.

• -        Then as the jobs disappear say the problem are the unions.

• -        Make more profit from slave wages in Mexico and offshore

• -        People in N. America eventually go along with blaming the unions and the unions get tossed.

• -        Now wages go down and benefits go down or disappear and corporations and banks are making more money.

We bought into this free trade scam and it’s destroying our world and futures.

Wynne is far from perfect. Personally I was more hoping for NDP. But at least I woke up this morning relieved that Hudak isn’t going to be in control of my life.

O wait I just remember wynne plans on giving business our tax dollars now making it cheaper for them to operate in Ontario just give them our money to run a business in ontario ..

Not sure what you mean by that. Hudak wanted an across the board cut to all corporations. In the past Wynne and the Liberals were selective as to who got any money, but Hudak just wanted to give it to everyone.

Photobucket
Message 16 of 165
latest reply

A Liberal Majority

Glad to see my fellow Ontarians got out and showed the Conservatives that we dont want them.

It is pretty funny how Hudak jumped off the ship as soon as he heard his loss. Hudak only cares about Hudak. Ontarians are very smart to see this.

I dont know if you all have notice the bitterness that comes out the mouth of every conservatives since yesterday. Talking down on Ontarians because we didnt vote their way. Still fear mongering.  Remember this day folks.

NDP is clearly not ready yet but I hope they keep fighting the fight.

Message 17 of 165
latest reply

A Liberal Majority

"I hope they keep fighting the fight."

So do I.  It does not really matter which centrist party forms the government.  You need some intelligent opposition to keep them on track.

Unfortunately, the current brand of "conservatives" is not what folks from Ontario approve or desire.  If the conservatives ever want to regain support from voters, they would have to forget their extreme right wing policies and move towards the middle, like Bill Davis did a generation ago.  And yes, like many Ontarians I voted for Bill Davis, the progressive-conservative.

Message 18 of 165
latest reply

A Liberal Majority

Now wages go down and benefits go down or disappear and corporations and banks are making more money.

In the short run.

What many of the 1% forget (and Henry Ford understood) is that if the customer doesn't have any money, she can't buy anything.

Which is a problem that affects many corporations who focus on 'shareholder value" and quarterly reports, instead of having a profitable business.

If the only way you can make money on the shares you hold is by selling them, short term thinking will prevail.

One side note, from this feminist, it may have been because two of the leaders are women, but there were 145 women candidates and 38 were actually elected.

Both numbers are records.

I noticed at least one riding where all three candidates were women.

It will be interesting to see if the women make any difference to governance.

Message 19 of 165
latest reply

A Liberal Majority

"It will be interesting to see if the women make any difference to governance."

Based on what we have seen in Newfoundland, British Columbia, Quebec and Alberta... all provincial governments recently managed by women. I frankly do not think so! Smiley Sad

I am also a "feminist" who believes gender should not and does not make a difference.

Message 20 of 165
latest reply