A buyer from new zealand bought my Item

Recently, a buyer from new zealand bought an item I had listed and I don't even ship to that location, only canada and usa, but he didn't bother to read the listing and bought it anyways, I tried cancelling the order but no response, and I'm not even sure if this will give me back my final value fee, is there anything I can do? This is very frustrating.
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: A buyer from new zealand bought my Item

Update: since the buyer can't pay because there is no shipping amount to his location, and obviously he can't pay the shipping amount I have listed to usa and canada, is there any way I can just open an unpaid item case after 8 days and get my final value fee this way?
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Yes you can cancel based on problems with buyer address but if the buyer isn't responding to it, phone ebay customer service.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Update: since the buyer can't pay because there is no shipping amount to his location, and obviously he can't pay the shipping amount I have listed to usa and canada, is there any way I can just open an unpaid item case after 8 days and get my final value fee this way?

You can open an Unpaid Item Case after 4 days, and close it after another four.

However, you probably should put into the invoice the buyer is seeing a value for postage.

Priority Post /Worldwide Air seems suitable. A paperback book weighing 600 grams would cost him $98.72.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

surely that will make him run away haha, the item is valued at $29.70 CAD, definitely not worth it, I have already blocked all overseas locations from bidding or buying my items, thanks for the advice.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Hello 'matlob50', 

<<a buyer from new zealand bought an item I had listed and I don't even ship to that location,>>

Have you sent a kindly worded note explaining this to the buyer?  Perhaps he purchased the item in error.  

Every day on these boards someone from the US complains that the site has a Canadian flag on it and items in Canadian dollars, -- and some of them are really cross about it.

They have clicked their way up here by mistake.

There is every possibility that your New Zealander bought the item in error and not because he slyly wanted to harm you.  If you have made no effort to contact him but instead simply launched a cancellation I am not surprised he is ignoring you.  

Here you can find Canada Post rates.  If you sweetly tell him what it will cost to mail this item to him, pointing out on the listing where you indicate you do not ship to New Zealand, he may be very happy to get out from under it.  

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpo/mc/personal/ratesprices/postalprices.jsf#international

<<is there any way I can just open an unpaid item case ?>>

You don't think that is a rather rotten underhanded thing to do when you have not first made an effort to send an invoice with the shipping cost to New Zealand?  

Unpaid cases are usually reserved for those who refuse to pay for the items they buy.  If you have officially filed a Cancellation you will not now be able to switch it to Unpaid Item.  If he never responds you will have to wait it out but you will get your fees back.  And you can have any feedback he may leave removed because your listings clearly show he his on your 'excluded countries' list.

I wish you well with it. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

<<surely that will make him run away haha, the item is valued at $29.70 CAD, definitely not worth it>>

That's the whole point, yes. 😉
Message 7 of 7
latest reply