A buyer has used profanity in emails to me and called me a 'liar' in the feedback.

A buyer has used profanity in emails and called me a 'liar' in the feedback, which is defamation of character according to the law. I cannot leave him negative feedback as it's not permitted. It is stated in the eBay policies that you cannot use profanity in communication. eBay has not helped with these issues. Now the buyer claims the items was not in good used condition and wants a full refund for the item and shipping PLUS wants me to pay for the return of the item. Any suggestions before I respond to the buyers requests to return the item? Thank you

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

A buyer has used profanity in emails to me and called me a 'liar' in the feedback.

Accept the Return request as it stands.

Yes, you will have to refund item cost plus postage cost in full PLUS pay postage cost to be returned with Tracking. This is a learning experience. Tracked Packet can certainly be bought for the $15 you have stated for postage to the USA. Shipping choices are one of the most difficult aspects of online selling to get right, but it must be done. Consider this a valuable lesson. 

Report the buyer for profanity.

You will have to suffer the negative feedback, I am afraid. You can, however, leave a lovely follow-up to it.

Also, please don't be offended, but you'd be wise to remove the part in your listings about vision loss. Your honesty instead identifies you as someone who may be extorted for claims such as this. Say instead something like, "Please see the photos for a detailed description of the item for sale. They are taken of the actual item you will receive."

At least, this is my opinion. Others may come forth with better ones.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Oh, and BLOCK the buyer from future purchases. That goes without saying. 

As to the profanity, you will have to cal ebay to actually have that examined. (For all the good it may do.)

And maybe buy a few inexpensive things on ebay from sellers who leave feedback on payment in order to drive your percentage back up from 75 per cent to something more respectable-looking around the 98 percentage mark at least. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Everything 'mjwl2006' says, who summed it all up perfectly, and also very kindly.  I see you are a new seller so I will show you a couple links that contain important information.  Actually, ALL eBay links contain important information, but these are feedback related:

Whether or not you can ever get feedback removed, or even try, here is the policy about removal by eBay, 

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/policies/feedback-removal.html

Note where it says, 

FEEDBACK REMOVE.jpg

EBay's policy page on how to cope with a returned item, 

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/item-not-as-described.html

And the most important of all, how to add rotten people to your list of BLOCKED BIDDERS

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/manage_bidders_ov.html#block

Message 4 of 4
latest reply