A seller has blocked me over a .99 cent card. I asked if it would be ok to cancel and let me know.

I recently made a bid on an item on ebay.  It was a Raymond Bourque card that i saw for cheap.  It was .99 cents.  I was heading out the door and my ride was waiting, and i have to be honest i placed a bid in a hurry on the card.  When i got home later that eventing, i saw that i had won the auction and the card for .99 cents.   I decided to review the card that i placed a bid on, and when i did, there was a big ding in the corner of the card.  I didnt know what i should do.  I was always told by ebay and by others, is to be honest and open with your sellers, and if there is a problem you should be able to work it out.  I looked at their ebay store and it says that they strive for customer satisfaction and if there is any problem to contact them and they would work it out.    So i said i will be honest with my seller.  I asked if he could cancel the card that i had bid on and explained what happened.  I told him many times that i was very very sorry for the mistake.  I told him that if they had a problem with cancelling the card to let me know and i will make this right.  The seller cancelled the card that i had made a bid on, with which seemed like there was no problem.   I have a 100% feedback rate.  All my sellers are very happy to have me as a customer.  I went into ebay today to look for a card that i have been wanting to get.  I found the card and went to place a bid on the card, all of a sudden it said that i cannot place a bid on the item.  Im assuming the seller has blocked me from making any bids on their item.   Are you serious here.  Block me for a .99 cent card,  What happened to the customer satisfaction.  I am not a bad person.  I just made a little mistake, just like we all have and just like the seller has in the past.  I really upset over this.  i thought buying and selling hockey cards was supposed to be fun.  Well he took the fun out of me today when i seen this.  Can anyone give me any suggestions at all.  i really would of worked with the seller 100% to clear the air, but the seller just never gave me that chance.   ALL OVER .99 CENTS

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

A seller has blocked me over a .99 cent card. I asked if it would be ok to cancel and let me know.

Dude!!  You bought it!! Plain and simple. And now you have bitten your self in the  over a 99.00cent card!!  I would say it was a very cheap lesson to be learned.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

@co4019730404 wrote:

ALL OVER .99 CENTS

Yup, that pretty much sums up what you did:  Shot yourself in the foot all over 99 cents.

The seller probably thought that if you bought a more expensive item from him in the future, you'd pull a similar stunt.  Best to snip any potential problems in the bud.

Sure you have perfect feedback.  If all that feedback's been from buying, it's going to be nothing but as sellers can't leave negative feedback for buyers.

I agree with the previous post:  You had a free lesson here.  Be more careful with your future purchases.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I have to agree with you oo40...................  

The whole thing can get so silly sometimes...................... 

I'm guessing that most sellers would block you for that and so instead of wondering why and trying to understand it.......

Just use it as a lesson about the way eBay works.

What happened to you is the norm.

You won't change it so absorb it for next time.

In any case, does it really matter if the seller blocked you?

I buy here a lot and have for over decade and I don't know if I've ever bought from the same seller twice.

Just find someone else to buy from.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Since the picture of the item was not misleading, i would have paid for the card & used it as a bookmark.

We are not talking about Big Bucks here.

Blocking you seems a little harsh, you did mention you had not noticed the Ding in the card, but it is his choice & not a choice i would have made.

I have probably had a half dozen sales over the years, where buyers have not noticed the measurements of Vintage Shirts, smaller sizing, & wish to cancel even though measurements are mentioned in the description.

Not a big deal to me to cancel & refund, mistakes are made, but block, I wouldn't do that. I could probably say these buyers have bought another item with appropriate sizing.

Perhaps this seller has had become tired of buyers requesting cancellations without thinking these buyers could come back & buy other items.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply