About Shipping Addresses

I feel like I should know this, but I'm not 100% sure.

If a buyer's profile says that she's located in the United States can the main/registered shipping address on eBay or paypal be to a different country?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

About Shipping Addresses

As far as I know, yes.

I have had a few people who's country is different than the located in country.

At least a couple of those situations are people who travel with their job and buy stuff while abroad.... (other example is Canadians, summertime Canada, wintertime USA addresses)

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

About Shipping Addresses

That's what I thought.  I sort of remember that happening to me too but wasn't sure.

I don't want to accept an offer for a more expensive item if I have to ship it to China unless I increase shipping first but it's OK for shipping to the States.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

About Shipping Addresses

Whenever it has happened to me, normally the proper shipping rates had been picked....when they haven't I've advised that since they are "wherever" the shipping to them is higher... usually I've done that by jumping on sending an updated invoice with the corrected shipping and a separate message explaining it.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

About Shipping Addresses

@sylviebee wrote:

I feel like I should know this, but I'm not 100% sure.

If a buyer's profile says that she's located in the United States can the main/registered shipping address on eBay or paypal be to a different country?

Yes.

You can change your primary shipping address to another country in your eBay preferences.  The profile will always show the country that the buyer registered in which may not be where their primary shipping address is.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

About Shipping Addresses

When getting an offer on an item is there any way to see the actual shipping address before accepting the offer?

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

About Shipping Addresses

Not that I know of.

If you are worried what I would do is say this is the offer to the USA or wherever they are registered, shipping is extra elsewhere..... or something like that....
Message 7 of 7
latest reply