Account frozen

I have an open dispute with a seller.  He says that he/she can't refund me the amount he/she owes me because I opened a dispute and his/her account is frozen. 

He/she says quote "since you opened a dispute in paypal, the current funding has been frozen, so after unfreeze the funds immediately give you a refund! Thank you!

Is it impossible for a seller to resolve an issue while it's in dispute?  Or am I being mislead?

I hope someone here can answer this for me.

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Account frozen

marnotom!
Community Member

I would let the dispute and subsequent claim run their course.  A good seller will be able to give you a refund without you having to cancel the dispute.

Make sure you escalate the dispute to a claim before twenty days have elapsed from when you filed the dispute.  In fact, if the seller's attitude is as questionable as his message suggests, you may wish to escalate the dispute now.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Account frozen

marnotom!
Community Member

I would let the dispute and subsequent claim run their course.  A good seller will be able to give you a refund without you having to cancel the dispute.

Make sure you escalate the dispute to a claim before twenty days have elapsed from when you filed the dispute.  In fact, if the seller's attitude is as questionable as his message suggests, you may wish to escalate the dispute now.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Account frozen

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Account frozen

Misled? No, you are being lied to.

Do NOT close the dispute until you have your money back.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Account frozen

Thanks again. 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Account frozen

Anonymous
Not applicable

It may mean that he has nothing left in his PayPal balance to refund you in the meantime.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply