Any Suggestions??

beautiful_inspirations
Community Member
I am having problems with one particular buyer who's order has not reached them. Package was mailed over the Christmas period and it is to my experience that their is an increased chance of that happening although very slim.

Buyer filed a claim with PP BEFORE even contacting me to advise that package has not arrived then contacts me to ask what I suggest. I tell them to be patient due to Christmas and keep me informed. I asked if there was anything else I could assist with at that time.

No suggestions from buyer.

No contact with buyer and then on Feb. 1 buyer leaves neg FB BEFORE even contacting me to let me know that the package has not arrived yet.

I am then contacted by this buyer requesting that I contact her directly to resolve issue to which I answered

The mail is not always guarentied, otherwise there would be not need for the option of insurance. Because over 99% of my orders do reach their destination, I do not force insurance because for the most part, it would be a waste of money for my customers. However, I will be scared to mail over Christmas as for the past two years running, I have had a couple of orders that have not reached their destinations. I cannot cut my nose dispite my face and not sell during those times nor demand insurance and so I just have to hope that every thing goes smoothly. I guess other than that, I am at a loss on what to say other than thank you for leaving the neg feedback which is not based on seller preformance itself and something that is out of my control.

She then elects to leave me another neg FB this morning and then has the nerve to tell me that if I did not wish to receive a neg FB, I should have at least offered a resolution.

How can I resolve something when I buyer does not contact me first to keep me informed.

This was my reply this morning to my buyer:

To date,
You filed a claim with paypal BEFORE even contacting me to let me know that your order had not arrived and then messaged me to see how I could help. I told you then:
Your order was sent out on Dec. 28 but I do have a couple of orders from the Christmas period that still have not reached their destinations as yet, one from as early as Dec.19 and so all I can suggest for now is to hold on and hopefully they should arrive within the next week. I have talked to the local post office and they have told me that with extra volumes during the Christmas season, there is a better chance of things getting missorted. Customs to is very busy and so it may have just got caught up there too. I guess just keep me posted and hopefully they will arrive shortly. Feel free to contact me if there is anything else I can assist with.
It also clearly states in notification emails of items shipped to buyers, that occassional orders can take up to three weeks. Your only respone was to tell me that you had never had to wait that long.
Then again, BEFORE even making any contact to let me know that they still had not arrived, you left negative feedback without even checking with me to see if I might be willing to find a resolution. And now you leave another negative feedback and then tell me that I have not tried to make any resolution. How are you trying to resolve the issue, your contact has been very poor, and because I am not a mind reader nor do I chase customers because some forget to let me know that a package has arrived, I don't message buyers all the time. I told you to keep me informed to which you never besides leaving negative feeback an so if that is your ambition so be it. I have filed a complaint with Ebay, Paypal and have also been advised to do so with a outsie company. I have had 5 orders out of thousands that have not arrived, all of which a resolution had been met with those buyer with much communication. I however do not appreciate being blackmailed with FB

She still has 2 FB to leave and I am sure she is just going to evenly distribute these every so often to keep them up top.....

Any suggestions??

I have filed a complaint with EBay, Paypal, and Sqaure Trade
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Any Suggestions??

katiusciav
Community Member
hi beautiful;
i'm going to try and be as objective as possible here without any hopes of saying anything that might be misconstrued as being on anyone's side....

...so if it was sent dec 28, and its now feb 03 (or first because of the weekend), then she probably did file a bit early CONSIDERING the christmas rush and i'm assuming this is going outside of canada? they probably did this because their packages probably take alot less time to get to them, so they're 'panicking' and starting to file before their time runs out.

...canada post won't let you open a claim yet? they should by now?

...when a cx emails me stating they haven't received their package yet, all my red flags go up and if anything, i'm always 'overresponding' because i'm afraid they're going to think i just don't give a damn. i open a claim with cp right away, email them the tracking number, when it gets responded to with an agent, i then email them all the contact info and number i have on the claim so they can check themselves too...

...i also let them know i'm working diligently on finding the package (even though i know they'll get it, its just probably late), but they get the message that i'm just as concerned as they are....
...i usually get 'geez, you're more worried about this than i am'...just because i know how they can get sometimes. if they think you're not caring, even a little, they'll open disputes and neg you...

...after reading your email to them, i would too say that she was probably too early to leave a negetive, especially without contacting you first...

i don't know what filing a complaint is going to do, as technically, she can open a dispute if she wants, and we all know by now, that she can leave a negetive any time she wants for any reason, so they won't help you there...

...i would probably overreact a bit more the next time a cx is expressing concern, just to coo coo them a bit, so if they know you're working hard for them, they're less likely to leave a negetive...some of them need tons of re-assurance...open a claim and provide them with all the info you have received to keep them in the loop...

...good luck...hopefully you can mutually withdraw after she receives her item...
Kat
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Any Suggestions??

beautiful_inspirations
Community Member
Hi Kat,

Unfortunately, most of the packages I mail go out via light packet as they are quite small. I also use Paypal to print all my shipping labels to the US and so because all I am provided is a proof of purchase number, I do not actually have any proof that I have mailed anything, ever...However, I have come up with an idea that may cover me from now on. As I live in a smaller town and know the poeple at the post office, I am going ot ask them if they would allow me to keep some form of log book which keeps track of my envelopes that are mailed everyday. Hopefully that will at least cover me as proof that packages are mailed. No tracking or insurance but at least it places the fault past me.

I have had the same problem with three orders this past Christmas and when I am contacted and notified of a situation, I work as much as possible with my customers until the problem is resolve. Exactly what you said, I had a different buyer that felt much better about the situation because I was very much concern with the issue. Her order took 4 weeks also but left me a positive with an offer to be back soon dispite this experience.

I guess reading over my earier post, it was a bit choppy. I have tried to remain as positive with this buyer as much as possible dispite being left a neg without being contacted first. I usually bend over backwards to help my customers in anyway including resending items as well as free things to maintain their happiness. I contuniuosly ask them to advise me if there is anything I can do at any time.

The fact that the buyer filed a claim with PP does not bother me other than the fact that my buyer did not contact me to let me now it had not arrived even though that is no biggy either.

What is the worst was being hit with my first neg with out any forwarning and almost no communication form my buyer. This buyer did later send me another message reminding me that she had already left two negs and still had two FB left to fill...becasue I am feeling a bit fed up with her negativity, I asked if it was a threat. It is a $7.00 order!! I guess too right now I feel as though the damage is already done, what is two more neg from them. I have told them that had they informed me that they had not received their order, I would have begun the process of trying to find some sort of resolution. I don't really think they are intersted in one whatsoever.

I guess I wait and see how long she is going to hold those other negs ransome. That is partly why I wanted to file claims of my own as I feel holding FB as a weapon is abusive.

On the lighter note, I was terrified about how this would reflect sales for the near future, but I had an excellent weekend dispite this!

Thanks again for responding Kat and hopefully this will all blow over soon.

C
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Any Suggestions??

katiusciav
Community Member
hi beautiful, i don't know how much good keeping a log will do as paypal requires proof of delivery, not just proof of shipment.

...i do hear you on the first negetive...every single one of us here will attest to receiving undeserved negs...just the price we pay for selling on ebay and opening up our merchandise to many different characters out there...

...the fact that it has taken over a 700 score before getting a negetive shows you are in fact doing something right...its just inevitable that we one day get stuck with someone we just can't please...

...i would imagine light packets can get easily misplaced (getting caught in flaps, etc...being so small), hopefully it'll show before she decides to leave the remainder of her feedback and then can consider withdrawing...
...buyers should really have more trust in sellers and not hold the seller so harshly so quickly, especially over matters that are difficult to control (transit times), and especially with someone with such a high score...i would neg her back-she's only got 14! it will be total incentive for her to withdraw...and do it now while we still can!!!
Kat
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Any Suggestions??

beautiful_inspirations
Community Member
LOL

I hear that, I am dreading a bit of the new changes, I have left EBay before and I am again looking at EXTRA options I unfortunately, there is one sure thing that there is no traffic like Ebay but I am considering opening a website but I need to find someone that sells more hours in the day first!

Have a a great night

C
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Any Suggestions??

ewa-jo
Community Member
First thing - go into 'reply to feedback received' and leave your side of the story for your potential buyers to read. Something like 'Buyer filed claim without contacting me - didn't get a chance to resolve issue' or "Parcel sent holiday season - buyer should have expected longer delivery time' something like that.

I'm a big fan of the 'reply to feedback received' function and I will buy from someone if I see that they got neg'd from some ignorant buyer who thinks feedback is a substitute for sending an email and trying to resolve it with you first.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Any Suggestions??

you can put a claim with canada post after 6 weeks. had to put 2 after xmas rush as they took 3x longer than expected
Message 7 of 7
latest reply