Anyone purchased this item that has worked ?

lwoyt66
Community Member

Bought item# 291642475714 to mount extra hard drive for music storage.  Has anyone bought this item and got it to work ?  How do you get it to work with El Capitan ?  Are there updated drivers for the item ?  Where do you download them ?  I could not get it to work with Windows 10 laptop either?   Tips for operation?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Anyone purchased this item that has worked ?

Ask the seller.

If he is not helpful, go to the Resolution Centre and open an Item Not As Described dispute.

You will have to return the non-operational item to get a refund. You may have to pay for return shipping with tracking.

Once the seller has his item back, you will be refunded.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Anyone purchased this item that has worked ?

the item was only 20 usd and return shipping with tracking from canada is about 35-50 csd - so that is not an option and this item's drivers are .hqx which means they are for Mac PPC, the item may work with older computers but nothing mounts on desktop with the new os for windows or mac or with the newer Intel Core architecture of the machines.   i may try going into Terminal to disable SIP and see if the drivers will install properly or if i can "bless" the drivers or anything that may mount on desktop.   but so far the item is obsolete and useless.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply