April 10th Weekly Board Hour

Bonjour eBay.caers!

Welcome to this week's edition of the Board Hour.

Rodney (Head of Product and Country Co-Director) and Bryan.ca (Country Product Manager) will be fielding your questions for the full hour, while I quietly exit at half past.

Let's get this show on the road!

~Kalvin
eBay.ca Community Manager

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 1 of 38
latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Re: April 10th Weekly Board Hour

2noggins
Community Member

Seller ships worldwide and has NO exclusions chosen, but listing shows:
Excludes: Saudi Arabia, Indonesia, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Bulgaria, Latvia, Thailand, Romania, Russian Federation, Vietnam, South Africa, China

Example: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/161002819790

This seems to happen in the media (books, CDs, video games etc.) category.

Can you inform the concerned peeps to fix?

Message 2 of 38
latest reply

2noggins
Community Member

Excludes: Saudi Arabia, Indonesia, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Bulgaria, Latvia, Thailand, Romania, Russian Federation, Vietnam, South Africa, China

Message 3 of 38
latest reply

HI!

I'm still waiting for an answer since one month about the "best match" search results. Me and many other sellers in my categories don't understand what happened ... Here is an example:

My item number: 130620567912 was on the first page since many days with 5230 sold. Today, I found it on the fourth pages for the search: iphone 4 case. Even if I had somes sale today and many yesterday.

However, all canadian buy it now listings on the first page is for a NEW seller since more than a month. The guy had 3 feedbacks when ALL his listing arrived in the first page (not only his iphone case but all his listings). That item: 330901894105 and many other had no sale today (When I looked this morning) but still has the best visibility. Or this one: 271148881772 no sold since April 6th, but still in the first page with Canada only option. I have nothing against these seller but I think it's not really fair. Somes BIG sellers failed and will need to close because eBay gave all visibility to NO SELLER feedback members... I think they are agree with me to say this is ridiculous.

We were 6 or 7 to complaint everyday in the last 2 months and answers was already the same: Everything is normal ...

Really??? If yes, please, give us more details. I think we lose enough ...

Message 4 of 38
latest reply

Can you explain why the search options on eBay.ca for shoes, for example, no longer gives the choice of choosing by size, heel height, width? 

Message 5 of 38
latest reply

Greetings Pink Ones 🙂

May I draw your attention to a problem that emerged Saturday night and has not been resolved.

For some reason the links to the eBay Russia site now redirect to the .com (USA) site.

Even typing the url

http://www.ebay.ru

Into the browser you get redirected to the .com site.

Message 6 of 38
latest reply

Hi 2noggins,

To the right of Ships to: Worldwide there's the See exclusions list link, which jumps to the list you pointed out when you click on it.

Am I misunderstanding your question?

~Kalvin

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 7 of 38
latest reply

2noggins
Community Member

Hi 2noggins,

To the right of Ships to: Worldwide there's the See exclusions list link, which jumps to the list you pointed out when you click on it.

Am I misunderstanding your question?

Yes. Seller has NOT set ANY exclusion in their shipping prefs. Yet these and only these countries pop out of no where. The country list is consistent across sellers.

Message 8 of 38
latest reply

Good morning/afternoon,

Some clarification of the new policy please...

Now you will always have at least 3 business days to resolve any issues about transactions directly with your buyers through the Resolution Center, before a case is escalated to eBay for review.

Wording of this policy in a previous update suggests that the buyer has the option of opening a case after 3 days. To me that means that there is no case unless the buyer opens one but if they do decide to open one after 3 days, ebay will make a decision.

So basically, there is no longer a  20 day window for the buyer to escalate.

But in the above wording it sounds as if after 3 days, the case is automatically escalated and ebay will make a decision.

Which is it?

Message 9 of 38
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi adrian1930lavender.

Thanks for your question.

We've been making some significant changes to how these refinement aspects like heel height, size and width surface. We are in an interim state right now, and these refinements will begin to resurface soon, and resurface higher in the category tree where appropriate. The current release estimate is early May.

Message 10 of 38
latest reply

HI!

I'm still waiting for an answer since one month about the "best match" search results. Me and many other sellers in my categories don't understand what happened ... Here is an example:

My item number: 130620567912 was on the first page since many days with 5230 sold. Today, I found it on the fourth pages for the search: iphone 4 case. Even if I had somes sale today and many yesterday.

However, all canadian buy it now listings on the first page is for a NEW seller since more than a month. The guy had 3 feedbacks when ALL his listing arrived in the first page (not only his iphone case but all his listings). That item: 330901894105 and many other had no sale today (When I looked this morning) but still has the best visibility. Or this one: 271148881772 no sold since April 6th, but still in the first page with Canada only option. I have nothing against these seller but I think it's not really fair. Somes BIG sellers failed and will need to close because eBay gave all visibility to NO SELLER feedback members... I think they are agree with me to say this is ridiculous.

We were 6 or 7 to complaint everyday in the last 2 months and answers was already the same: Everything is normal ...

Really??? If yes, please, give us more details. I think we lose enough ...

Hello,

I looked at the query and it pulls back 400k items which means you are competing with a large amount of sellers and items. Everything is operating as it should yes. In terms of your questions about NEW sellers, I don’t have any specific answer to why he (not know who you are talking about) is shown in the first page.

Message 11 of 38
latest reply

Yes. Seller has NOT set ANY exclusion in their shipping prefs. Yet these and only these countries pop out of no where. The country list is consistent across sellers.

Gotcha, thanks for the clarification. Let me dig around & see if other reports have come through - appreciate the heads up.

~Kalvin

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 12 of 38
latest reply

Greetings Pink Ones 🙂

May I draw your attention to a problem that emerged Saturday night and has not been resolved.

For some reason the links to the eBay Russia site now redirect to the .com (USA) site.

Even typing the url

http://www.ebay.ru

Into the browser you get redirected to the .com site.

Here is the reason why the site is redirecting to .com

http://www.ebayinc.com/in_the_news/story/ebay-expands-global-presence-new-russian-language-site-and-...

"eBay, the world’s largest online marketplace and a leading destination for fashion and mobile e-commerce, recently launched eBay.com in Russia, a new version of the eBay experience that will add Russian language capabilities and bring eBay’s breadth of inventory from around the world to Russian shoppers."

Message 13 of 38
latest reply

Good afternoon Rodney

Could you please qualify the requirements for being a Canadian Powerseller.

One one hand eBay.ca advises a requirement of $1,000 in annual sales

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/sell-powersellers.html 

But, if I click on the Powerseller icon on my dashboard on eBay.ca, I get a minumum of US$3,000

"Basic PowerSeller requirements:

12-month rating: (Apr 2012 to Mar 2013)

Minimum global sales and transactions US $3,000.00 and
100 transactions"

Notice that the eBay.ca page states US$

I am confused.  What else is new?. 🙂

Message 14 of 38
latest reply

Thank you for your response. 

Perhaps it would be appropriate to post this information on your Announcements page, thereby avoiding discussions regarding this issue in this forum.

It is always a good idea to strive to maintain a postive customer experience. To that end,

open communication between eBay.ca and its thousands of customers is an integral part of that experience, particularly when these changes have a direct impact on customers.

Message 15 of 38
latest reply

For non-store sellers.  April 1-15,  50 insertion fee free auctions under existing rules on both ebay.ca and ebay.com. April 16, new rules for non-stores, 50 free auctions or fixed price.

1) Does a non-store seller get both the 50 free under old rules April 1-15 and another 50 free under the new rules on April 16?

2) Does the new non-store 50 free apply to both eBay.ca and ebay.com?

I looked at last weeks weekly sessions and this was sort of brought up but there was confusion in the posts about it being 150 free. No specific direct answer was given.

Hypothetical situation:

3) When May 1st rolls around, if I stay non-store and use the new 50 free on eBay.ca (with another 50 free on eBay.com) for a total of 100 free, and then go to a basic store later in the month for 150 free, will I get 250 free in the month I change to a store after using the 50 free for non-store?

4) If I switch back in June to non-store after using the 150 free for basic store, then will I get non-store 50 free on eBay.ca and eBay.com? What is to stop a seller from going store and non-store forever every month to get 250 free per month?

PS This assumes a basic store at 19.95 per month to avoid year long subscription $15.95 penalties.

Message 16 of 38
latest reply

2noggins
Community Member

http://www.ebayinc.com/in_the_news/story/ebay-expands-global-presence-new-russian-language-site-and-...

"eBay, the world’s largest online marketplace and a leading destination for fashion and mobile e-commerce, recently launched eBay.com in Russia, a new version of the eBay experience that will add Russian language capabilities and bring eBay’s breadth of inventory from around the world to Russian shoppers."

This is what I suspected. Does this mean there isn't a dedicated url for Russia and when ebay.com is accessed from within Russia, those peeps will see the site in Russian?

Message 17 of 38
latest reply

Yes that is the reason.

But it doesn't solve the problem.

It doesn't tell people how to get onto the new site.

If you go to the bottom of the eBay Canada or eBay UK or eBay.com home page and click on the Russian flag it takes you to the American site.

🙂

Message 18 of 38
latest reply

This is what I suspected. Does this mean there isn't a dedicated url for Russia and when ebay.com is accessed from within Russia, those peeps will see the site in Russian?

Correct, it's now redirecting to eBay.com and the interface is now in Russian.

Message 19 of 38
latest reply

I originally became aware of the problem Saturday through a post on the USA answer centre from some one in Russia that was trying to register on the Russian site and kept getting redirected to the US site.

If the Russian flag icon at the bottom of the eBay home  pages is going to take people to the USA site why bother having the Russian  flag icon at all?

?:|

Message 20 of 38
latest reply