Are You a Victim with Regards to a Fraudulent Seller of Counterfeit Products?

Some advice from a victim:

1. Although Ebay and Paypal have policies against selling counterfeit products, in real life, it is my experience that Paypal does not follow its own policy. Therefore, don't waste your time filing a Paypal claim if you paid via a credit card. My claim with Paypal was decided in my favour, however, they demanded I return (at my expense) the counterfeit product to the seller. In many countries it is illegal to mail counterfeit products, as it is here in Canada with stiff penalties. In addition, I understand that there are scams where the returned goods do not get you your refund. So you lose the product as-well-as your money.

2. After Paypal ruled in my favour, their Resolution Center only allowed me to either "Cancel Claim" or supply a "Tracking Number". This is not acceptable...

3. Instead of returning the products to the seller per Paypal's demand (Paypal cancelled my claim after 10 days for not providing a "Tracking Number"), I contacted my credit card company who instructed me to email my evidence to the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre (RCMP). Although it took some time (Holiday backlog), they confirmed my received goods were counterfeit. Now my credit card company is processing the chargeback with no doubt of the outcome. Therefore, the seller will not get the product back, to resell, and he will also lose the money... GOOD! 

4. As of this writing, the seller continues to be a Ebay member selling products.  

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Are You a Victim with Regards to a Fraudulent Seller of Counterfeit Products?

Bumped your excellent advice and posted link to another ripped-off buyer

Message 21 of 22
latest reply

Re: Are You a Victim with Regards to a Fraudulent Seller of Counterfeit Products?

Thank you. I am SO angry, (mostly with myself and shame on these rip off artists) but should have known better. You get what you pay for. 😞
Message 22 of 22
latest reply