Are eBay.ca fees in Cdn dollars?

I have been listing mainly on eBay.com as many of my sales are to the U.S., but I am wondering if by listing on eBay.ca I could be saving money in fees.  I realize fees can be PAID in Cdn dollars, but currently my fees are US dollars converted to Cdn dollars in value. Are fees on the eBay.ca site Cdn dollar fees with no conversion??

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Are eBay.ca fees in Cdn dollars?

@lorim9770 wrote:

I have been listing mainly on eBay.com as many of my sales are to the U.S., but I am wondering if by listing on eBay.ca I could be saving money in fees.  I realize fees can be PAID in Cdn dollars, but currently my fees are US dollars converted to Cdn dollars in value. Are fees on the eBay.ca site Cdn dollar fees with no conversion??

Fees are in the currency used to list, then are converted.

Listings in CA$ are charged fees in CA$ -- no conversion.

Listings on eBay.COM are charged in US$ then converted using the exchange rate in effect at the time the listing was started.

-..-

You can select what currency you use to pay the fees on eBay.CA of either CA$ or US$

I think you can adjust that setting once a year.

-..-

Also, if you get a Store, setting up on eBay.CA means the monthly fee will be in CA$

At current exchange rates that difference adds up over the year.

-..-

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Are eBay.ca fees in Cdn dollars?

Thank you! I think it may be worthwhile to change my listing practices considering the value of the Cdn dollar!
Message 3 of 3
latest reply