Are we allowed to post negative reviews about a specific seller here?

pmattwilson36
Community Member

I had a horrible buying experience. The product I bought was not what was advertised. The seller then told me he would refund my money....and he never did. 45 days went but, and I was left with nothing.

Thnakfully I called PayPal and they refunded my money after hearing my case.

But I want to post the entire negaive experience here. (Seller name, Transaction numbers and all.)

The funny part is that this seller  has like a 98% approval rating. It's a high score.

But the way I was treated was just horrible. No apology, no refund, no nothing.

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: Are we allowed to post negative reviews about a specific seller here?

Apologies for not knowing how to quote here; but:

Buyer bought an item from a US seller.....Buyer paid postage was for international shipping.

However the seller   shipped the parcel from within Canada,  and appeared to have used Canada Post.

If the above is what happened....

Failure to refund  the buyer's over payment is not acceptable....

This is exactly what happened. I paid the postage asked for because I expected the item to be shipped from the U.S. and was shocked to discover it was shipped from Manitoba, just 2 provinces over from me. The seller was really rude and refused to refund the excess. All he offered was for me to return the item itself for a refund - which I don't want to do, since I'm happy with the item - just not the gouging on shipping. Is there anything I can do about this besides leaving negative feedback?

Message 21 of 30
latest reply

He mailed it from Manitoba, which is in Canada. I live in Alberta, which is in Canada. Therefore, it did not cross any international border.

To quote, after you click on reply, click on the the quotation marks on the top left of this box.

How was the book shipped to you....by lettermail or parcel? If it was parcel, the cost would have been about $10 which is what i think you paid. If by lettermail, then the seller would have definitely made money on the shipping.

Message 22 of 30
latest reply

Old enough to know better. Young enough to do it again. Crazy enough to try

Message 23 of 30
latest reply

joking    🙂

Message 24 of 30
latest reply

To quote, after you click on reply, click on the the quotation marks on the top left of this box.

How was the book shipped to you....by lettermail or parcel? If it was parcel, the cost would have been about $10 which is what i think you paid. If by lettermail, then the seller would have definitely made money on the shipping.

Thanks. To answer your question, the book was sent in an envelope that was definitely not a parcel. I was overcharged nearly $8.00 for postage.

Message 25 of 30
latest reply

Lady shark... We know very little detail so who is to say they meant for things to go that way ,...

Maybe they have a dropshipping arrangement .. Maybe they havea Warehouse in Canada Nobody knows...

My point was if you agree to shipping price why bother complaining later .. Not saying people should be able to make a profit of shipping not saying whate the seller did was right in anyways all I am saying is the shipping price is there so you click buy now you obviously felt the total combined price was a good deal so why Complain ..

I mean Take international out of this for a second ... Does the person value there time because I don't but everyone has the right too ... Maybe they are adding gas,mileage on the vehicle,packaging ,Time ,..... Would I add this into my price no way but is it wrong too no not at all ...

If it cost $8 at the post office and you want to add the value of all the things above it could easily be $20...

I still just waiting for a buyer to complain that shipping isn't really free LOL

In this case without knowing exact detail I would say the seller should refund the difference but only because they were supposedly shipping from international and ship from Canada so big price difference Depends lettermail or Expedited Could have cost close to the same as shipping from the US ...   

Message 26 of 30
latest reply

Well seems like they overcharged you on shipping maybe the $8 is the handling part of Shipping and Handling ...

Your only choice is to return for refund in which case you will end up with no product and oput money too ...

Sucks but thats just how she goes .. IF the seller was rude and not nice you need to ship with tracking because good chance they won't be honest about receiveing item which cost you $$$$

Ding there DSR and reflect hhow you feel in feedback but stay calm and factual ....

These things do suck but happen more then enough but there will always be people that do this type of thing just like there will always be buyers who like to rip of sellers ....

Message 27 of 30
latest reply

the book was sent in an envelope that was definitely not a parcel

The form of the packaging is not relevant. I ship all my books in waterproof poly envelopes, but some go letter rate and other, larger, ones go parcel rate. The dimensions make the difference not  the envelope.

Domestic parcel rates include Delivery Confirmation and insurance. A similar USPS service to Canada would start around $20-25.

I am not sure if MB->AB is Regional Parcel Rate (around $6) or National Parcel Rate (around $12). Sellers are allowed to add the cost of packaging to the Shipping and Handling fee. Bubblewrap ain’t free, nor are envelopes. My poly envelopes average 12 cents apiece.

If the seller used Paypal to print his labels, you would not see the cost of shipping. For  many sellers this is a bonus. Buyers have been known to neg sellers for postage differences of less than a loonie. Just because you cannot see the postage cost, does not mean that it was less than you were charged.

Message 28 of 30
latest reply

My point was if you agree to shipping price why bother complaining later .. Not saying people should be able to make a profit of shipping not saying whate the seller did was right in anyways all I am saying is the shipping price is there so you click buy now you obviously felt the total combined price was a good deal so why Complain ..

I mean Take international out of this for a second ... Does the person value there time because I don't but everyone has the right too ... Maybe they are adding gas,mileage on the vehicle,packaging ,Time ,..... Would I add this into my price no way but is it wrong too no not at all ...

If it cost $8 at the post office and you want to add the value of all the things above it could easily be $20...

I still just waiting for a buyer to complain that shipping isn't really free LOL

I expect sellers to be honest. Would you be angry at paying for international shipping and then discovering the item was not shipped from another country? Apparently you don't care if the people you buy from are honest. To me, it doesn't matter if the book was shipped from Manitoba or across the street. He was dishonest and refuses to make the situation right.

And eBay requires that sellers state if they have additional charges for handling, supplies, etc. This guy did not have that statement.

Message 29 of 30
latest reply

the book was sent in an envelope that was definitely not a parcel

The form of the packaging is not relevant. I ship all my books in waterproof poly envelopes, but some go letter rate and other, larger, ones go parcel rate. The dimensions make the difference not  the envelope.

Domestic parcel rates include Delivery Confirmation and insurance. A similar USPS service to Canada would start around $20-25.

I am not sure if MB->AB is Regional Parcel Rate (around $6) or National Parcel Rate (around $12). Sellers are allowed to add the cost of packaging to the Shipping and Handling fee. Bubblewrap ain’t free, nor are envelopes. My poly envelopes average 12 cents apiece.

If the seller used Paypal to print his labels, you would not see the cost of shipping. For  many sellers this is a bonus. Buyers have been known to neg sellers for postage differences of less than a loonie. Just because you cannot see the postage cost, does not mean that it was less than you were charged.

The book was a relatively thin paperback that was sent in an envelope not much bigger. NOT A PARCEL, NOT A BOX.

I always choose the most inexpensive shipping possible. Time is not a factor for me; since I've been searching for some of the books I buy for over 30 years, a few more weeks won't make a difference.

Evidently the seller did not use Paypal to print the label, since I do know the cost of shipping. It was less than $3. I was charged a lot more than that, and you cannot tell me that the materials used to mail the book from Manitoba cost over $7.

Why don't some of you get that I'm upset not only at the amount I was gouged, but that the seller was DISHONEST and refuses to make the situation right? When I find honest and considerate sellers, I keep going back to them. When I find dishonest and rude sellers, I have every right to be upset.

Message 30 of 30
latest reply