Are we allowed to post negative reviews about a specific seller here?

pmattwilson36
Community Member

I had a horrible buying experience. The product I bought was not what was advertised. The seller then told me he would refund my money....and he never did. 45 days went but, and I was left with nothing.

Thnakfully I called PayPal and they refunded my money after hearing my case.

But I want to post the entire negaive experience here. (Seller name, Transaction numbers and all.)

The funny part is that this seller  has like a 98% approval rating. It's a high score.

But the way I was treated was just horrible. No apology, no refund, no nothing.

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

You cannot post the seller name. You can post the eBay item number from which the seller id can be found by forum readers.

98% is not a high feedback score. 99.5% to 100% is a good rating. However, percentages can be misleading since they are based on the number of transactions.  98% sounds like the seller does not sell a lot of items in a year and may be an inexperienced seller.

When posting, give facts, avoid name calling or rude remarks or threats because your post may be removed.

Message 2 of 30
latest reply

"45 days went but"...

You have 60 days from the date of the transaction to post feedback.

Message 3 of 30
latest reply

You should contact ebay and ask them to remove the false positive the seller left you.

Message 4 of 30
latest reply

Did you return for refund .... Did seller say they would just give you refund ...

Were you rude and aggressive... I ask because some buyers seem to think everyone shjould be perfect ..

I see seller made error in listing and apologized ... where di thigns go from there .. what did he offer to you to fix the issues were they rude or were you rude ..

I see they stated you were aggressive is that true ...

1 side is never enough to know but as a seller I am always a man of my word but I make mistakes always have and always will I am human but always handle my mistake very fast and make it easy for the buyer what exactly was your situation ...

Message 5 of 30
latest reply

Okay, here's my review...

Item #390532640165. The book was in really good shape. I've no complaints whatsoever about the book. But the seller charged me international shipping costs for the book and he mailed it from the same country as me. He refused to refund the difference (which was considerable).

This seller was rude and condescending... and made an unreasonable counteroffer. He offered to let me return the book and refund what I'd paid for it (I had NO problems with the book, and thought this offer weird since the cost of the book was more than the amount of the refund I was seeking).

The problem is not with the book. The problem is with the postage. International means you ship across international borders, which he didn't do. Beware this seller. He is dishonest and unwilling to listen to reason.

Message 6 of 30
latest reply

The seller for that item is located in the USA, and your ebay profile says you are located in Canada.

Two different countries = international shipping?

Message 7 of 30
latest reply

crafty_cat_lady  I am confused.

The listing shows the seller located in the USA.

The listing shows the item located in the USA

"International means you ship across international borders, which he didn't do."

Do you mean that he actually shipped from within Canada?

Message 8 of 30
latest reply

IOf you see the shipping charge and agree to buy just move on .. Even if the seller possibly had a warehouse in canada once a byer agrees to the shipping end of story ..

It is not a good practise to charge more then need be but it is not right for a buyer to agree then complain .. I am ssuming the shipping was stated and you agreed then got it and you notice the parcel was shipped within from within Canada which makes you feel like you deserve a partial refund ... WRONG..

It is easy to undserstand where your coming from but you agreed, you clicked by now end of story ..

Not saying what your thinking is wrong but there could be a ton of reason why it happened that way ... Maybe they ran out over sold paid a Canadian seller to ship it to you ... You really never know but all reasons aside you agreed .

Message 9 of 30
latest reply

Perhaps the OP has an address in the U.S.

Message 10 of 30
latest reply

Many Canadian sellers  will take parcels to the US to access the USPS...

This is important with books where the USPS has a media mail option that for shipping a book within the US is about one third the cost for shipping the same book within Canada.

In turn  there are US sellers  who live near enough to Canada to be able to take a parcel to Canada and mail a parcel using Canada Post.

Buyer bought an item from a US seller.....Buyer paid postage was for international shipping.

However the seller   shipped the parcel from within Canada,  and appeared to have used Canada Post.

If the above is what happened....

Failure to refund  the buyer's over payment is not acceptable....

Message 11 of 30
latest reply

Seller could be a dropshipper with a location for inventory located within Canada....

Message 12 of 30
latest reply

Or there is an inventory location close to the Canada-US border....

Message 13 of 30
latest reply

pmattwilson36
Community Member

Ok here's my item# 261157895484  for my negative review.

Item was listed as "Brand new" by this seller.  When I recieve it, it was clearly a used product. It had a huge tear in the slip cover. And it was written on with a black marker. The dvd's were slightly scratched on top of that. I send an email asking him why he sent me a used product. He replies back syaing that the word "Mint" was used in the item description. Now I don't consider myself an eBay expert / hardcore buyer. But when a product is listed as "Brand New", isn't that what you expect?  The seller then asks me why I have a problem with buying used products. Huh? Even if I was interesting in buying a used product (which I'm not) what part of "Mint" condition do you see in a product that has a huge tear and was written on with a black marker?  So I asked for my money back. Sure I was angry, and I demanded my money back. But do you blame me? This guy made no effort to apologize, and was trying to a push a used product on me...thinking this is all normal and that I should be ok with that. I used zero profanity in all of my emails.

And he did say he would refund my money, but he clearly had no intention of doing so.

I could care less about his negative review about me. My reviews speak for themselves.

Besides I gave him a really negative review.

Ohh and it had nothing to do with shipping etc. This guy was just rude, and feels no remourse in lieing in his ads. No mistakes were made on his part...it was all intential.

And his lack of an apology proves that.

Message 14 of 30
latest reply

pmattwilson36
Community Member

I see my last post was deleted.  It's nice to see free speach is encouraged here.

My second post (that was recently deleted) was just a recap of what went wrong in my last purchase. And how it all could have been avoided. So I guess the answer to my original question is NO.  No, you can't post negative reviews about sellers who deserve a negative review.

Message 15 of 30
latest reply

It's confusing... there is 2 problems listed here from 2 different buyers.... the first one: pmattwilson36

Unfortunately, you cannot post IDs here. But with the item number you gave us, we can see who is who. That guy replied this to your comment:

"Apologized Item was marked new, description stated it was used. Aggressive Buyer"

I looked the item description, and NOWHERE does it state that the item is used. In fact, he writes "They are in mint condition". OP, you were right to complain and I agree that this seller deserves the negative you gave him.

The second one: crafty_cat_lady

Brande replied: "It is easy to undserstand where your coming from but you agreed, you clicked by now end of story .."

I am sorry, but I have to disagree with you brande. A seller cannot make profit on shipping, and if he listed the item as being shipped by "X" method from "X" country, he could be reported for misleading listing.

Moreoever, a seller should NEVER make profits on shipping. So if he shipped from within Canada just to save on shipping costs, that is WRONG. He should have refunded the buyer. It is totally unethical on his part.

Message 16 of 30
latest reply

It would be nice if the OP explained (rather than us speculating) how it came about that the item was shipped domestically rather than internationally.  I really can't see a U.S. seller crossing the border into Canada to mail a $12 book.

Message 17 of 30
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Pmattwilson, what are you waiting for?  The seller left you a false positive which is violated of eBay's policy for feedback.  You should call eBay about it and eBay will removed it immediately, so don't wait any longer.  Do it now.

Message 18 of 30
latest reply

Pmattwilson, what are you waiting for?  The seller left you a false positive which is violated of eBay's policy for feedback.  You should call eBay about it and eBay will removed it immediately, so don't wait any longer.  Do it now.

Pmattwilson already said that they don't care about that feedback being left so why push them to do it??

Message 19 of 30
latest reply

He mailed it from Manitoba, which is in Canada. I live in Alberta, which is in Canada. Therefore, it did not cross any international border.

Message 20 of 30
latest reply