Automatically relist an item 3 times for free

Automatically relist this item up to 3 times if it doesn't sell - it's free to relist. Final value fees apply.

Are most sellers using this new feature?

I have to be honest .... I didn't notice this until recently, so I don't know when it came into effect (maybe it isn't a new feature).  It almost seems too good to be true, especially when the additional 3 listings don't come out of our monthly free allotment.

I'm wondering if the FVF's are higher, or is there any other downside that I'm not realizing?

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Thanks Pierre.

Don't I feel stupid for not knowing thisSmiley Embarassed!!

Message 3 of 27
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn't set it automatically relisted as I wouldn't know if it is free when relisted.  I prefer to do it manually that way I can see "$0.00" before submit.

Message 4 of 27
latest reply

This feature hasn't been available to all sellers so your syi might have just started showing the option.

Message 5 of 27
latest reply

I am still not sure how the automatic relist works.  I guess, I don't sell enough to get offered that.  Can someone show me on a "print screen" as to how it looks so I will know what to look out for.  Thanks.

Message 6 of 27
latest reply

It is in your Selling Manager ACTIVE listings page - right column - Assign Automation Rules

Message 7 of 27
latest reply

@pierrelebel wrote:

It is in your Selling Manager ACTIVE listings page - right column - Assign Automation Rules

I have two options when I look there - "relist once if an item does not sell" and "relist continiously until an item sells".  It doesn't sound like either of those means it will list 3 times for free.  The possible fee total if I screw this up is astronomical!

ps. my items were listed yesterday during the recent free listing period, does this make a difference?

pps.  and the items are on ebay.CA.  The link above describing relist 3 times for free was on .COM, is it different for the two sites?

Message 8 of 27
latest reply

You can easily change the link by replacing "com" in the URL by "ca".  This applies to ALL eBay help pages:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/relist.html#requirements

Message 9 of 27
latest reply

As you can see - after studying both pages - the help page on eBay.ca has NOT been updated yet.  Nothing unusual.  eBay.ca often runs several months behind in updating help pages - not a big priority for eBay to update eBay.ca.

To find out if the automatic free relisting applies to listings on eBay.ca you have two choices:

1) ask eBay.ca staff to confirm if it applies to eBay.ca listings

2) better still try it on one listing and check your seller account for additional charges.  With luck your item will sell the first time and you will never know!

I am confident the help page information on eBay.com applies to eBay.ca listing in this case.  Please do not take my word for it - ask eBay.ca staff.

Message 10 of 27
latest reply

Attached is a screenshot.

Message 11 of 27
latest reply

Thank you jt-libra.  I have never seen that before, maybe it is because I always just list for free.  

Message 12 of 27
latest reply

Aha!  I think I saw this in passing when I relisted some items and just ignored it, figuring I was getting free relists under my store allotment anyway.  I'll keep a watch on this in future -- thanks to jt-libra for pointing this out!

I suspect this may be the deciding factor (from Pierre's .com link above - my bold emphasis, note it's in the listing form itself, not accessed from the Selling Manager/Active Listings automation link):

"Your eligibility to relist an item automatically is based on your transactions and sales. When you're eligible to relist an item automatically, you see the option in the listing form. You can see your transactions and sales in your Seller Dashboard in My eBay."

Message 13 of 27
latest reply

After doing some experimenting, I only see this offer for listings on eBay.com.  As well, it applies even when you are using one of your free listings.

I list primarily under Health and Beauty and, under the new policy, the free listings can no longer be used for BIN's in this category ... only auctions.  So I don't mind paying a listing fee (most will be between 30 cents and 80 cents), if I can re-list 3 times.

Message 14 of 27
latest reply

I do NOT see that option on the listing form (SYI 3.0) using eBay.ca or eBay.com

Message 15 of 27
latest reply

I have no idea why that would be.  You're obviously a member in good standing Smiley Happy

I've been seeing it on all my .com listings.

Message 16 of 27
latest reply

It's my understanding that this was offered by invite to U.S. sellers last year (I read that somewhere on the U.S. boards).  So maybe they've now further extended the offer to a random selection of people.

Message 17 of 27
latest reply

I don't have it on my listings either. I never fill up my quota of free listings so I wonder if the feature is aimed more towards people who tend to use all or most of their free listings?

Message 18 of 27
latest reply

I asked about this free relist feature in the eBay.ca weekly sessions. It is coming soon to ebay.ca according to Raphael.

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Weekly-Board-Hour-Session/April-23rd-2014-Weekly-Board-Hour/m-p/226972

See posts 13, 15, 17 and 25.

I have been trying to find it on eBay.com for months on my eBay id since I read about this feature in Sept or Oct 2013. Never saw despite trying to make it appear. I just tried listing on eBay.com with the SYI form from my starter template and from scratch with a fresh listing. So it appears to be given on some sort of criteria.

This feature has nothing to do with Selling Manager Automation rules.

The eBay.ca help file posted earlier is correct since the feature does not exist on eBay.ca yet.

Message 19 of 27
latest reply

I was curious to find out how I would be notified that my listings would be automatically re-listed. My first group of items listed using the three free re-lists are ending today. I received two messages from eBay this morning .... the first being the usual "Your eBay didn't sell: (Title of Item)", and the second, "Your item has been automatically re-listed: (Title of Item)".

In the body of the message:

Good news! Your item has been automatically relisted for free. If your item sells, final value fees apply (See fees). To increase the chances of selling your item, consider revising your listing and lowering the price. It may take a little while for your item to be searchable on eBay.

I just posted this in the event there are others who were wondering the same thing.

Message 20 of 27
latest reply