BIN Item

Hello there, I contacted a seller about an item to see if he'd ship to Canada on a 48$ item with 41$ shipping. He said no problem.

However, before I bid on the item I noticed he had the same item in another auction for 7$ so I BIN  the lower priced item x three.

Upon checkout with PP I couldn't complete transaction because shipping to Canada wasn't specified and an invoice is pending.

Is it my obligation to request an invoice?

Also there is no indication of the item in my Purchase History.

what should I do?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BIN Item

There should be a 'request total' button at the top of the cart although I just remembered that usually if there is only one item from the seller in the cart, that area will probably be greyed out so you can't use it.  Since there is not shipping cost listed and/or since you want 3 of the same item, it might be different in this case. If not, you are going to have to contact the seller. If you have already bought the item but just can't pay, they can send you an invoice. If you can't even purchase the item, the seller can add a shipping cost to the listing so that you can make the purchase

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

BIN Item

Contact the seller.

Assume that the $41USD is the correct shipping cost. The value of the item is not related to the cost of packing and shipping it.

Is the seller using the Global Shipping Program? Is he willing to use USPS First Class International Parcel (which he should be reminded, politely, is Delivery Confirmed)?

Double check that the $7 item and the $48 item are in fact identical and from the same seller. This is especially important if you were shopping on a phone, where a lot of information is hidden.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

BIN Item

You can't pay unless there is a shipping cost listed. Did you put the items in a cart and request an invoice? The seller is not obligated to sell an item to Canada unless the listing stated that they do ship here. I realize that they said they would do with another listing but that doesn't mean that they are willing to do it for all listings.   

You said that you haven't been able to complete the transaction so that is probably why is isn't in your purchase history. You likely have to pay first in this situation.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

BIN Item

Thanks for all the helpful replies. The add to cart suggestion makes good sense to me. I will try that.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

BIN Item

Thanks everyone, I just wanted to ask another question. If I add an item to my cart, how do I ask for an invoice?

BTW, I love Ebay.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

BIN Item

There should be a 'request total' button at the top of the cart although I just remembered that usually if there is only one item from the seller in the cart, that area will probably be greyed out so you can't use it.  Since there is not shipping cost listed and/or since you want 3 of the same item, it might be different in this case. If not, you are going to have to contact the seller. If you have already bought the item but just can't pay, they can send you an invoice. If you can't even purchase the item, the seller can add a shipping cost to the listing so that you can make the purchase

Message 6 of 6
latest reply