Bad sellers from China - why are they still on ebay? Bad sellers from China - why are they still o

I have recently encountered some bad sellers from China.  As a seller, I am meticulous about honesty in my ads, good communication with my buyers, and following ebay policies.  Yet as a buyer I have just run into several sellers from China who have thousands (not just a few but thousands!!) of bad feedback including misleading ads, poor to no communication, no refunds, and broken products.  I have made mistakes on ebay as a seller that have gotten me suspended for a week or more when these were just unknowing mistakes (like a question mark or other punctuation in my ad titles).  But these bad sellers from China seem to be immune to the ebay police, and are clearly giving sellers on ebay in general a bad reputation.  I have reported these sellers for misleading titles but they seem to just carry on with no change.  How do we get rid of these deadbeats and make ebay a safe place to shop?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Bad sellers from China - why are they still on ebay? Bad sellers from China - why are they still o

Anonymous
Not applicable

eBay likes to receive the final value fees from China sellers, that is where the greed comes from, regardless of what problems we have with those China sellers!!

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Almost everything I buy on eBay is from those Chinese sellers with "terrible" looking feedback.

I've never been disappointed, have always received what I order, usually a little bit faster than what they tell me it will take and of course best of all, dirt cheap!

Just got one Monday, a nice cable 99 cents with free shipping, 16 days from mainland China over Christmas.

Cheapest one I could find locally was $8 plus tax and I'd have to drive 10 minutes to get it. The local one, virtually identical of course and made in China.

I just ordered two more things from that seller tonight.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Because ; arithmetic.

If a seller has 100 feedback and two negs, he is a pretty poor seller.

If a seller has 100, 000 feedback and 200 negs, he is a very good seller.

Remember some of those negs are from the permanently disaffected, some from those who did not read the listing (gold-plated is not gold, for example), some were left before the seller could ameliorate the situation, and obviously many of those transactions really were bad.

Too bad we can no longer cross-reference buyer names, to see which category of buyer they belong to.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

For most of the Chinese sellers I buy from the negs they have are mostly of two types. Buyers who think they are going to get their $2/free shipping items in less than a week or those that think their $2/free shipping items should be of the same quality as a $100 item.

Most of the rest can't read!

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply