Best Offer Abuse.

I had this happen more than a few times this year.  Buyer Purchased same item Multiple times with make an offer, each time lowering their offer to find the acceptance threshold , At which time they then Paid for the lowest one.  
I did a "report buyer"  at each occurrence.  

What I'd like to know beside using the block feature, is there another preemptive way to stop the unscrupulous buyer from unfairly abusing the best offer feature?

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Best Offer Abuse.

@rose-dee wrote: 

As an aside - something to consider -- in the example you gave above, if you hadn't set an acceptance figure, but only a "reject all offers below $X", wouldn't your buyer have been stuck with his first offer of $70 if you'd manually reviewed and accepted it?  Then the next (lower) offer could have been rejected by you -- a bit of a waste of your time, but it might have cut him off at that point.  Maybe that would work for you, i.e. weed out all the "bottom fishers" but leave the top end open for manual responses. 

Yes But I've got enough work to do with out having to approve every acceptable offer, Trying to work smarter not harder 🙂

But you are correct that would have prevented this issue.

Message 21 of 25
latest reply

@mr.elmwood wrote:
What is the FB number for the buyer?

Their feedback is 4 now as I've have my feedback set to as soon as paid... 😞
I tend to lean toward the clueless over weasel in this case, but other times I have had experienced buyers do this trick.

Message 22 of 25
latest reply

Best thing to do, write them off as clueless.
Photobucket
Message 23 of 25
latest reply

there is a 3 time offer limit on both offer and counter offer.
Message 24 of 25
latest reply

@jesus-died-4-u wrote:
there is a 3 time offer limit on both offer and counter offer.

The limit does not apply when Offers are accepted

Message 25 of 25
latest reply