Best offer not working on ebay.ca?

Is anyone else having trouble with the "best offer" function on eBay.ca?

- It does not seem to be able to connect to offer.ebay.ca.

- the offer window does not loads completely

- sometimes it times out and gives an "unable to connect to site" window.

I've tried a couple of browsers, as well as restarting the browser.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

AH, and now it is working. But it wasn't for about an hour there...

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Hello. eBay could have been doing some work on the site when you looked at it. Every once-in-a-while eBay will "tune up" the site. I've had it where they are doing this and pages take FOREVER to load.

Alex

This is my POSTING id.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

eBay has regular maintenance Thursday night at 10 PM Pacific Time. Here is the current Announcement.

http://www2.ebay.com/aw/announce.shtml

The eBay system will be undergoing general maintenance from approximately 22:00 PT (10pm) to 22:15 PT (10:15pm) on Thursday, March 31st. During this maintenance period, certain site features may be intermittently unavailable or slow.

The length of time varies and can be up to 2+ hours from what I have seen in the past over the years. It used to start at 11 PM Pacific Time and last until 1 AM PT Friday morning. The change to the 15 minute window is relatively new as I have only seen this time period this year

During this time period, I have experienced ebay acting erratically. Outside of this time period, there is generally no maintenance other that emergency work which can occur anytime.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@x..e wrote:

Hello. eBay could have been doing some work on the site when you looked at it. Every once-in-a-while eBay will "tune up" the site. I've had it where they are doing this and pages take FOREVER to load.

Alex

To minimize issues with ebay and any on the fly code changes, clear your browser cache and cookies each day or after each browser session. Old code may be in the browser cache and not cleared with the new code so ebay may not work properly because of this.

Clean your browser cache and cookies using CTRL SHIFT DELETE? Make sure you are logged out of eBay and any site and follow the popup box to clean your browser.

Warning: Clearing cookies might lose cookies for some sites that are used to store preferences for that site. I do not care since nothing is critical and prefer to not have any cookies left on my computer so I have my browsers set to remove cookies and cache upon exit from my browser session.

Here is a copy of a reply I post from time to time about keeping a Windows based computer running smoothly.

I find these tools handy to clean up my computer on a regular basis.

I would suggest getting free CCleaner and set to run on startup to clean your computer. Install the free version. Make sure to set it to clean all files including those within the past 24 hours (an option to set).

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

Install free AdBlockPlus to block most ads in your browser. I have used it for years and many eBay members too. It works for eBay and other web sites. This tool speeds up working on eBay a lot without all the moving ads.

www.adblockplus.org

I would also suggest installing free malwarebytes to scan your computer for malware. This program is for malware only and catches many things that virus programs do not. Run once a month or so to check your computer. Install the free version.

https://www.malwarebytes.org/antimalware/

I have had all three installed for years as well as a internet suite for anti-virus and have had minimal issues. I still managed to get a virus in the past 10 years a couple of times (from Photobucket through their banner ads that ran Adobe Flash, I disable flash now and only turn on when I want for a site. You may want to disable Adobe Flash as well and enable only when needed). Adobe Flash is not recommended to use any more by many browsers (Google, FireFox) as it is so prone for malicious software hidden in it.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply