Bidder asked me to 'cancel transaction' after auction closed

How do I respond to this person?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Yes you may as well cancel the transaction, Forcing a per...

This is most likely someone who is either trying to scam you, or decided that they didn't want the item because they had second thoughts about how much they really wanted to pay for your item. It is pretty much impossible to press the bid button by mistake because first you have to enter how much you want to bid, and then it asks you to confirm the bid two times, and asks if you want to enter a max bid. When the proposed buyer bids and wins, they are making a contract with with you to sell them the item of which they bid. I have had this happen to me before, and I ended up cancelling/second chance offering, but I gave the buyer a neutral/negative review. As the seller, you have the decesion to either say too bad so sad, or let them off, but please do not give them a positive review. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

On your personal eBay page go to Resolution Center and from there send a Cancellation Request to your buyer

Canceling a transaction

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/cancel-transaction-process.html

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Yes you may as well cancel the transaction, Forcing a person to pay for somthing they dont want will probably not be in your best interest.

ALTHOUGH it's almost impossible to bid by accident it is not impossible for Ebay glitches to cause problems. for instance having your advanced search options set for free shipping and then visiting an items detail page or the sellers store can often void those search criteria and display ALL items. 

from there it is a simple mistake to bid assuming you are bidding with free shipping. It's not hard to make an honest mistake. Factor in us middle aged people and borderline computer illiteracy and it's even more likely to happen. Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

"

How do I respond to this person?"

By filing an unpaid item dispute 4 days after end of sale and then close it 4 days later if payment still hasn't been received. After that, add the buyer to your blocked bidders list and relist or make a second chance offer.

If you haven't done so, set your buyer requirements to block bidders with 2 or more unpaid item strikes in the past 12 months.

**********************************************************************************

Non payers should get unpaid item strikes and be added to block bidders lists. Period.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply