Blocking USA sellers in my searches?

Is there a way to block USA sellers and ads on my user ?.... All these ads on items I follow or what others are looking at are frustrating. Also...why are advertisements popping up on my user.  Who allowed this without paying sellers compensation or for ad space...  curious in Canada..

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: You can get rid of the ads by using AdBlock. I did this s...

You can get rid of the ads by using AdBlock. I did this so long ago I have no idea how to do it. I was actually surprised to hear that FaceBook and Google make money from ads, because I don't think I've ever seen any.

For blocking US sellers, you could try Canada Only, but you will still get US sellers who ship to Canada.

You could more effectively specify Canadian dollar listings since no one but Canadians would do that.

Why do you want to block US sellers? If this is an anti-GSP thing, fine, but do realize that if you are looking at items over $100 you will do better with GSP sellers. This is because you have more choices in the North American market than in the smaller Canadian one and because it costs more to import items outside the GSP by USPS /Canada Post or by courier. Especially by courier.

To avoid GSP sellers of items under $100, watch for the words:

Customs services and international tracking provided

If you see those words, don't bid

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Who allowed this without paying sellers compensation or for ad space...

EBay sells the ad space as another income stream. They are advertisers just like the sellers are advertisers.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Thank-you stamps... I don't like the GSP, have not made any purchases out of the states since March. Cannot afford it.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply