Bought fake items and No answer from Seller

teedeexo
Community Member

What do I do? I purchased 2 otterboxes and both were fake and broke within the first week. I have been trying and trying to contact the seller but no answer back..???!!!

Can I do anything about this?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

When exactly have you purchased these "otterboxes" (whatever they are)?

What is the eBay listing number?

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Pierre, Otterbox is a brand of Smartphone case.

I'm guessing that the item is one where the seller left feedback for the transaction back in May, in which case it's now too late for the buyer to seek a resolution through eBay.

That would mean that the buyer would have to try seeking a remedy through her credit card issuer if she funded her payment with a credit card in the first place.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

"try seeking a remedy through her credit card issuer"

If that is the transaction, I do not expect the credit card issuer to agree to a chargeback against the American seller considering the goods were purchased twelve weeks ago and received over nine weeks ago (not to mention positive feedback was given by the buyer).  Over two months is a bit late to claim "fake".

Possibly the credit card issuer may agree to a "goodwill" credit for a good high volume customer.  Worth trying.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@pierrelebel wrote:

"try seeking a remedy through her credit card issuer"

If that is the transaction, I do not expect the credit card issuer to agree to a chargeback against the American seller considering the goods were purchased twelve weeks ago and received over nine weeks ago (not to mention positive feedback was given by the buyer).  Over two months is a bit late to claim "fake".

Possibly the credit card issuer may agree to a "goodwill" credit for a good high volume customer.  Worth trying.

Exactly, which is why I said "try" as well, although I should have qualified that statement the way you did to suggest that it's not a given that the buyer's going to have any success there, either, assuming that that's indeed the transaction in question.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply