Bugs with the new single-page Listing/Selling form

I was very recently opted into the new single-page selling form.

It was not a traumatic turn of events and, in general, I find it easy enough to use although I didn't have any trouble with the old form and it's second page so I cannot say it seems like an enormous improvement. 

I have noticed, however, that if one is attempting to Sell Similar with it, that it is virtually impossible to shake the old photos from the original listing. Like no matter how many times I delete the existing photos, the reappear automagically until new ones are uploaded to replace them. 

This is kind of a pain in the rear end and I could certainly see it leading to trouble one day if I were not as attentive as I should be. A listing with pictures in draft form doesn't stand out as much as a listing without pictures in draft form and I wish the old photos associated with the original listing would simply stay deleted once they were deleted. 

But, like the cat, they just keep coming back.

Anyone else having this problem? Or is it some peculiarity due to my browser and/or computer.

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Bugs with the new single-page Listing/Selling form

Case in point. I need to Sell Similar. The major difference in this particular item is the language used in the packaging which is something that matters to certain people who collect on card.

I open the listing via Sell Similar.

I delete the pictures since that is the main thing I need to replace along with a few other things like change UPC etc. Pictures gone. Go to UPC to update that and as soon as it finishes auto-saving the draft, bam, the old pictures are back. The ones I already ditched.

Hover over the pictures to see the sequence of events: the screenshots contain a time stamp. 

This is very annoying.

Screen Shot 2016-08-14 at 2.39.46 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-08-14 at 2.39.52 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-08-14 at 2.40.35 PM.png

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Yes, I encountered this too - new today.

Also, it doesn't have that line, down in the shipping of countries you don't ship to, for editing.

I don't like the display in My Ebay - find it very hard to read - almost need to put a ruler against my screen so my eyes stay on the appropriate line.Smiley Frustrated

... and this was necessary for what reason??

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Also, if you move to update the UPC while photos are uploading and the UPC change triggers a Save Draft, it will half the upload of your photos. 

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Now the My ebay page has reverted back to the old display.  I guess this is going to bounce around for awhile.

Time to give up for a bit and go watch the Olympics.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Also, the type size on the listings seems to jump to 14 points. 

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

evi9999
Community Member

Anyone know how to turn off this new bad single page idea?

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

When I was recently opted in, there was a line in the message that introduced it to me that said a call to eBay would turn it back to the old one.
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

Also, the type size on the listings seems to jump to 14 points. 

The new listing tool sets a default font size 4 and Arial font. It cannot be removed by editing the description in HTML mode as it will be put back in. Way back when the listing tool first came out in the fall last year, the development team stated this was a feature for larger font for mobile users with small screens. I complained about this default font being imposed on everyone at the time but the eBay development team knows better (as usual). 

I got got around this immediately by setting up an HTML DIV statement around my saved templates overriding the default size 4.

Size 4 is about 18 points from what I can find on the Internet, browser default is size 3. 

One glitch with the default font imposed by eBay is that editing a listing with cause the default font to be repeated again and again nesting the default font. I have seen the default font on my listings go 4 or 5 levels deep. Sloppy eBay programming  as usual. When I report the issue, no acknowledgement by the programming team on this stupid default.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:
When I was recently opted in, there was a line in the message that introduced it to me that said a call to eBay would turn it back to the old one.

We called ebay and they said it is a permanent change and we cannot go back. They also said all Canadian sellers got changed and cannot be changed back, we know this comment to be a lie.

Here is the original message from ebay from about a week ago:

Dear ladybug2785,

We’re excited to introduce a few changes to make it easier for you to sell on eBay. We have created a new listing tool that allows you to:

Create listings using a simplified flow with half as many pages
Upload photos in the background while you edit your listings
Enter and track listings using your own SKUs

We have been testing the listing tool with a beta group of sellers and the feedback has been overwhelmingly positive. Here's what they are saying:

“I love the new listing tool. It's easy to follow and picture uploading is way faster. Huge win!”
– Kathy T.
“The 'Sell Similar' functionality is AWESOME and will save so much time! Thank you!”
– Lynn D.
“LOVE IT! So user friendly! All on one page. Fast on-screen photo editing. Great update!”
– Heather C.

Now, it's your turn to experience these benefits. Over the coming days, you'll see changes to your listing tool that will help you to create listings faster and more easily. Of course, if you don't want your listings to be faster and easier, you can opt-out by contacting us.

As always, we welcome your comments. Please use the ‘Send us your feedback’ link in the tool to let us know what you think. We’re looking forward to hearing from you!

Sincerely,
eBay Seller Team

They deny ever sending us such a message and also claim that we are mistaken when we told them we know for a fact that all Canadians are not affected. How very unprofessional of them.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Yes, that is exactly the message I was speaking of with the line saying users could be opted out. Customer Service couldn't take the time to read it in My Ebay Messages, eh? If you call again, you may get an entirely different answer from whatever rep answers the call at the time. Maybe it can still be opted-out of, or maybe it cannot but they're still sending the same old message to users that they did when opting-out was still an option.

How frustrating. And time-wasting! 

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

You know.... I'm thinking out loud... ebay Canada staff might know. they do a Weekly Board hour each Wednesday. Join the Weekly Board Hour where eBay Canada staff will be available every Wednesday to answer questions from 1PM - 2PM Eastern. http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Weekly-Chat-Session/bd-p/23000000073

Maybe Raphael would know if this change can still be rolled back for individual sellers who don't care for it. 

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

One way to get opted out of the new listing form on eBay.com for a long time was to start a listing in eBay motors and it would kick you out of the new selling form because it was not compatible for eBay motors. Then you cancel the eBay motors listing or close your browser to not complete the motors listing. Just starting the listing in eBay motors is enough to bring back the old form.

I don't know if this trick still works on eBay.com or if it will work on eBay.ca. If it does work, you have to call eBay to reset the new form for you to work again with the new form if you want to go back to the new form.

If someone wants to try this method then post back if it works or not. Just remember that you cannot get the new form back easily from what I read on eBay.com in the past months.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

@pocomocomputing wrote:

One way to get opted out of the new listing form on eBay.com for a long time was to start a listing in eBay motors and it would kick you out of the new selling form because it was not compatible for eBay motors. Then you cancel the eBay motors listing or close your browser to not complete the motors listing. Just starting the listing in eBay motors is enough to bring back the old form.

I don't know if this trick still works on eBay.com or if it will work on eBay.ca. If it does work, you have to call eBay to reset the new form for you to work again with the new form if you want to go back to the new form.

If someone wants to try this method then post back if it works or not. Just remember that you cannot get the new form back easily from what I read on eBay.com in the past months.

Fixed!!!

Thanks poco for the solution. Attempting to sell a car finally fixed the problem.

The staff at ebay are completely useless. They called me at work many times today. The boss was not pleased. The email they sent me today only referenced some sort of seller hub that I have never heard of??? When I called them yesterday I could not get them to understand that Canada has it's own ebay called dot ca and that this issue was only affecting dot ca and not affecting dot com.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Fixed her now too, no more **bleep**py new one page listing tool. Thanks pococomputing and evi9999.;
Message 15 of 15
latest reply