Buyer reported item not received however I have delivered tracking

I sent an item via Canada Post. Item was received and I have confirmation. Soon after the buyer opens an item not received. I re confirmed the tracking information and the case was closed. I now see that ebay refunded the transaction. How should I respond to this issue?
Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Buyer reported item not received however I have delivered tracking

Was that tracking uploaded to ebay? You are going to have to call Customer Service for this. It is highly unusual for a buyer to win an Item Not Received case with ebay if the seller has uploaded valid tracking to the site. Under Help & Contact pick Selling Problem and then narrow it down from there until you get a phone number to call. Don't delay. Best of luck to you.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

@pugdexter wrote:
I sent an item via Canada Post. Item was received and I have confirmation. Soon after the buyer opens an item not received. I re confirmed the tracking information and the case was closed. I now see that ebay refunded the transaction. How should I respond to this issue?

Did eBay refund using their money or did they refund using your money?

If the first, then there is nothing further to do. If the second, you need to contact eBay support.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

ypdc_dennis makes a good point. Sometimes ebay will issue a 'good faith or courtesy' refund from its own funds -- bypassing the seller for accountability -- under extenuating circumstances. We have no way of guessing what those circumstances might have been. 

Check your paypal account to see if the money for that refund came from you. If it didn't, move on. If the funds for the refund were drawn from you, that's when you should call Customer Service to learn the reason for that, and possibly appeal.

Like I said earlier, tracking makes these issues of Item Not Received (INR) very cut and dry. If you as a seller have tracking, you are protected. For your tracking to say the order was delivered and the buyer to open an INR case and win it is highly unusual. 

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

@pugdexter wrote:

Tracking is not a guarantee against INR claims; only delivery confirmation (signature) will do that.  Did you have DC on the parcel?

If you only had tracking, the others here are right that there may have been circumstances which the buyer reported to eBay that would exonerate you from responsibility (for example, doorstep theft).  The fact that eBay refunded could mean that someone at CS reviewed the matter after the case closed and decided the customer deserved reimbursement.  As noted by others, check your Paypal account to see if eBay took the money from you.  If the case was actually closed, you should be able to appeal. 

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

'Delivery Confirmation' is included with tracking. Signature on Arrival is a separate service to purchase at additional cost and is only required for Seller Protection on orders valued at $850 CAD and more. 

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Screen Shot 2016-11-14 at 11.03.20 AM.png

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

https://www.paypal.com/ca/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full#11

11.4 Proof of Shipment, Proof of Delivery and Signature Confirmation Requirements.

Signature Confirmation, as described below, if the full amount of the payment, including shipping and taxes, is $850 CAD, or its foreign currency equivalent...

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Sorry, no need to get over-excited.  I will eat my crow pie now.  I simply mis-spoke, my apologies.  

Yes, of course, Delivery Confirmation is included in all the tracked services.  I really was only thinking of Signature Confirmation, which is included for Xpresspost and Priority to the U.S., and can be purchased for Xpresspost and Regular Parcel within Canada (I've never used Priority within Canada, but SC is included there as well). 

Signature Confirmation isn't required for parcels under $850, but I do often use Xpresspost to the US to get the SC in situations where I'm shipping a relatively expensive item (over about $250) and want to be absolutely certain it gets into the recipient's hands personally.  That is especially so if I see that the address looks like an apartment, or a house in a dense subdivision (where doorstep theft might be more likely -- I often check the area on Google).  I don't mind paying the extra to ensure my buyer has no issues at their end on a valuable purchase.  In most cases, Xpresspost USA only ends up being a few dollars more than Expedited anyway. 

Here by way of correction, for the OP's reference, is the new Canada Post page that summarizes all the available parcel services and destinations (Canada/US/Int'l) and their features.  "$" in the chart of course means the feature can be purchased at extra cost. 

https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/pages/parcelscon/default.page

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

My mind is elsewhere today I'm afraid.  We just lost a very dear and close friend suddenly last night, it was quite devastating and I'm not thinking clearly at the moment.  I'm going to get off the boards before I say something I can't correct. 

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

I'm very sorry to hear that, rose-dee. You have my sympathy and condolences. Take care. 

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

I'm sorry to hear that as well, my condolences to you and your friends family. 

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Smiley Sad Sorry to hear the sad news Rose....

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Sorry to hear that. Thanks for your help and time
Message 15 of 15
latest reply