Buyers required to pay before buying another item

Recently I have had several buyers purchase buy it now items from me. They have been required to pay for one item before purchasing another, no matter how many they are purchasing. Last nite one buyer had to pay for six items individually and I then had to send him a refund because the combined shipping charge was much less than what he had paid.

Yet I've also had other buyers purchase multiple but it now items from me and then request a total when they were done buying. I would much prefer this happened all the time, but it doesn't. 

So what gives? Is there a setting in the site preferences that I can change to let buyers buy several items without paying individually.

Or is this happening because of they way they are buying - perhaps putting things in their cart before buying??? 

I would appreciate all answers on this topic.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

In some situations eBay is now making FP listing effectively IPR (Immediate Payment Required). Some times some buyers are able to use the cart to combine but I've had reports that even that isn't working reliably.

The most recent example I had I told the buyer to try .ca instead of .com, there he was able to purchase two items without paying individually.

I don't need or want eBay to help me with my non-paying buyer (non) problems. I'm quite capable of handling this minor irritation on my own.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Yesterday I recommended eBay.ca to the buyer from USA who wanted few cards... She tried and it did not work out...

Many times before this route was OK for everybody.

It is very unpleasant to know that instead of make things better for us (fixing shopping cart) things are getting worse.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply