Buying 3-rd party Ink

Offers of 3-rd party ink on Ebay and Amazon is so huge it is hard to select.

I noticed some 3rd party ink produces washed up colors, so I am speculating someone in supply chain may have watered it, perhaps re-manufacturer does not even know.

Price is not indicator of quality, because a seller may be simply buying cheap and reselling. Also these days everyone calls their stuff "High Quality" even the utter garbage so the words means nothing.

Is there a way to recognize good and watered ink before inserting it into the printer and filing print-head with it? Visually? Chemical test? Anything?

Thanks 🙂

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Buying 3-rd party Ink

Seems those who know are not telling or advertising their own brand. Understandable.

Back to Buy & Try method. Instead of buying from random sellers, I will buy from established ink producers who are willing to sell prepackaged cartridges or 100mL/4oz bottles, or ink repackagers who identify source.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Buying 3-rd party Ink

You are right,everyone calls their stuff "high quality",or for tools they say it is "Heavy duty" /Industrial,since when Canadian tire sells industrial quality tools for under $100 ,I wonder.

as far as ink cartridges go,I once tried 123 ink cartridge .ca  . used a no name brand and wasn't impressed with the quality ,it also dried up  prematurely.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply