has anyone been ripped off by these guys selling pheasant hatching dates?

I bought a clutch of fertile pheasant eggs on a later date and these guys flew the coup has anyone else done this?

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

This is the most bizarre rip off question I have ever seen on the boards.

BTW, it's 'coop'

Don't you put them in hatching pens?

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

Or clip their wings?

EBay only allows disputes for 45 days after payment.

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

This must be a joke (NOT funny) - and if it ISN'T, you need serious help that's for sure.  As an animal lover I despise this post, joke or not.

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

Seems the OP just wanted to hatch some pheasant eggs, have noticed other buyers and sellers trading chicken eggs on ebay.

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

Yes, I do go off the deep end where animals are concerned, but even pheasants should be able to hatch their OWN eggs and I still think the practice of trading chicken eggs on ebay is weird and in my mind shouldn't be allowed.

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

the practice of trading chicken eggs on ebay is weird and in my mind shouldn't be allowed.

Since the eggs are for hatching and possibly further breeding they would tend to diversify the genomes of the chickens, improving the local strain by exogamy. This would in fact improve the health of the chickens by tending to eliminate undesirable recessive characteristics.

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

Since the eggs are for hatching and possibly further breeding....

Isn't that what happened with Easter Eggs ? 

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

Isn't that what happened with Easter Eggs ?

Unhappily, gene loss in a small population, as calculated by the formula

has resulted in the magnificent Easter Eggs of Carl Fabergé descending through the generations to mere chocolate shells, sometimes with traces of patterning but naught but a pale shadow of their former selves.

The reluctance of the rich to hatch and breed their Fabergé eggs to rejuvenate the strain means that that most precious of species, the highly endangered gold, diamond and ruby Easter egg is on the point of extinction, and soon will only be seen as lifeless relics in museums, and in the fireside stories of those few lucky enough to have seen them when hunters would return with merry songs and baskets of the finest eggs.

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

Afantiques...I didn't realize that you had such a scientific mind!

Perhaps the rich should share those eggs with all of us so that we can eventually restore them to their former glory.

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

Afantiques...I didn't realize that you had such a scientific mind!

As is well known, the brain is more scientific on one side and more arty on the other. By using the whole of my brain, and fully using both halves, I can give half witted answers to all questions.

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

Great Post AF !

Smiley LOL

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

I don't get the post but I certainly understand the process.

It's not uncommon to pull fertile eggs and hatch in an incubator, and yes, they can withstand shipping but I don't recommend it.

Many or even most pet parrots started out that way.  (Best for disease control.)

The rest were pulled after several weeks with the mother.

Is that cruel?

Maybe.

Is keeping parrots for pets cruel?

I think it might be.

However, it could also be argued that with a diminishing natural habitat it may be their only hope for survival.

Zoos do it all the time.

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

Just have to say about the comment about animal cruelty:

Every egg we eat was pulled from some mother.

I'm not a vegan but I've seen the way chickens are treated and it brought me one step closer.

It's appallingly cruel. 

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

Fabulous post AF, very informative.  Yes, I do get maybe overly upset like I did in my first post when it comes to anything to do with any animals - I work with abused animals on a volunteer basis, even though I come home crying sometimes.  BUT if someone was to offer me a FABERGE egg, I wouldn't say no!  Cheers.

Message 15 of 21
latest reply

Yes zoos do it all the time, but I wish every zoo would close down!

Message 16 of 21
latest reply

As someone who used to work with animals, I have to say I've done an about face on many of the views I used to fight for.

Now, I'm closer to your views limey than ever and that comes from an insider's view of the whole business.

However, even though I'm not sure exactly what the OP was getting at it's clear from the items bought that someone is incubator hatching birds.

Do people really incubator hatch pheasants?

Message 17 of 21
latest reply

@cbclarence wrote:

I bought a clutch of fertile pheasant eggs on a later date and these guys flew the coup has anyone else done this?

Maybe call customer service ,open a claim for Item not Received, or do a chargeback on your credit card. There are some time limits.

It's best to know if the fertile pheasant eggs are allowed importation into Canada, or export from the US, before agreeing to purchase.

Message 18 of 21
latest reply

is a SCAM. He had a 9,000 in some feedbacks, on ebay it says that he had sol a lot of items. Its because he calme his buyers into giving him a positive feedback as sson as you buy form him. day after he sends a fake tracking number with a nice message saying your item has been shipped! IT'S ALL LIES! YOU NEVER RECEIVE ANYTHING FROM HIM!!!  is a fraudulent seller! BEWARE!

Message 19 of 21
latest reply

@2011limey1 wrote:

This must be a joke (NOT funny) - and if it ISN'T, you need serious help that's for sure.  As an animal lover I despise this post, joke or not.

As a democracy lover I despise animal lover preachers. Nature is violent, every predator likes to eat it's prey fresh, with heart still beating and blood spurting. Day in Amazon jungle where everything is after your blood or flesh, would probably help.

As a democracy lover, I acknowledge your right to believe in whatever idea you choose, but you should be careful declaring other people, not conforming to your own beliefs, in need of help. There were times where most society was similarly intolerant and those were very dark times, with state sanctioned lynching and burning at stake alive. Fortunately, most of us evolved and those times are over.

Message 20 of 21
latest reply