CANADA - BOYCOTT GLOBAL SHIPPING PROGRAM

I would encourage all Canadians and anyone else importing an item on ebay to boycott the Pitney Bowes Global Shipping program (GSP),
This can be done by contacting the seller that you are interested but wish the item to be shipped USPS, the contact should be made before bidding.
The latest example for me was a $10.00 US item, the shipping and brokerage is listed at US$17.50, the item can fit inside a small padded or regular envelope, so shipping should be minimal, also on items less than CAN$20.00 there is no import fee needed.
I called eBay and asked to speak to someone about the shipping pricing structure, which is outrageous.
eBay makes millions of dollars on these collected fees, NONE of which are paid to any government body for duties or tariffs. They go straight to the profit margin.

CANADA CUSTOMS SELDOM CHARGES DUTIES OR TARIFFS ON ITEMS LESS THAN $100 (or more).

PLEASE SHARE AN

Message 1 of 66
latest reply
65 REPLIES 65

Re: CANADA - BOYCOTT GLOBAL SHIPPING PROGRAM

@wwgerber wrote:

this was my last ebay purchase for any sellers using the GSP, what a clusterf*** of a system that is... its an abomination

I've responded to the post you made on the subject on another thread.  The GSP makes sense in certain circumstances, not others.  I get the impression you've purchased from sellers who had no idea what the program was or how to use it to its best advantage.  Having said that, buyers need to do their homework, too.  I've purchased two items where the GSP was an effective alternative to direct shipping of the same items.  I haven't purchased more GSP-forwarded items because it hasn't made sense to do so in the listings I've found.

However, an "abomination" it is not.

Message 61 of 66
latest reply

ZOMBIE THREAD FROM 2014

Message 62 of 66
latest reply

I say it plain and simple they are thieves. I no longer buy anything that uses the gSP. I believe our government should close their operation In Canada down and seize all assets.
Message 63 of 66
latest reply

seriously what are you talking about, you on the pipe? No Canadian in his right mind would order anything on the GSP. First of sent it half way across the country delivery time are insane and fees charged that are not legit and deceptive. I tell every seller who uses GSP its why they don't get my business. You sir deserve to pay the extra fees your an idiot
Message 64 of 66
latest reply

@crbig_8hg4vwpi wrote:
seriously what are you talking about, you on the pipe? No Canadian in his right mind would order anything on the GSP. First of sent it half way across the country delivery time are insane and fees charged that are not legit and deceptive. I tell every seller who uses GSP its why they don't get my business. You sir deserve to pay the extra fees your an idiot

ZOMBIE THREAD

@happy_pigeon

Message 65 of 66
latest reply

zombie.jpg

Message 66 of 66
latest reply