Can I deliver an item i sold directly to the customer and skip the shipping and handling process?

gyashel
Community Member
I recieved payment through paypal but it is still pending until the customer confirmes they recieved it,but they want to pickup the item in person and skip the shipping delays. Can I do this, or does it violate ebay policy?
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Can I deliver an item i sold directly to the customer and skip the shipping and handling process?

@gyashel wrote:
I recieved payment through paypal but it is still pending until the customer confirmes they recieved it,but they want to pickup the item in person and skip the shipping delays. Can I do this, or does it violate ebay policy?

Hi gyashel,

I'd advise sending a revised invoice to remove the shipping & handling costs as well as making note of the pickup option so it's recorded on eBay, you should be ok doing this.

Thanks, 

~Kalvin
eBay.ca Community Manager

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

If the buyer has already paid by PP, but is requesting pickup, REFUND the Paypal  payment and ask for cash payment on pickup.

This is allowed by eBay.

The reason you don\t mix Paypal and pickup is that, in case of a Dispute, you would have no proof of delivery and would lose both the item and the payment.

BTW, in my experience it is no cheaper and no faster to use pickup than to use Canada Post. Finding a mutually convenient time and place for pickup causes significant delays and this morning I noticed gas was $1.257 a litre. Plus the buyer's time to get to the pickup spot.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply