Can I go higher than an Appeal supervisor on a Buyer Scam?

Recently tried to come back as a Seller on ebay after quitting for a few years from sheer disgust at how biased it is in favour of the buyer. They have to be protected & as a BUYER myself I'm all for it but does ebay have to make it so easy for them to cheat & ruin a seller with just a lie?

A fellow bought a makeup primer without asking one single question. I gave him great feedback & 8 free samples as I was so grateful for his business. Upon receipt he claimed the colour was off in my photo. In order to keep him happy & avoid the dreaded negative feedback he got no argument from me. I accepted the blame. Said I would refund him. Then I called CS only to learn that nowadays I have to pay the return shipping as well. I let the buyer know that I had agreed so readily to the return only because I didn't know about the new returns policy & would he accept a partial refund instead. Told him to name any amount he thought was fair. Advised him that this neutral primer was invisible once applied & could be worn by anyone. Even so he refused my offer & told me not to worry about the return shipping. ?? He said he hadn't opened the bottle and it was still in Brand New condition. I was prepared to give him all of his money back plus the RS.

What he actually returned to me however was a bottle that had 1/4 of the product missing & damaged packaging to boot! In Canada we cannot sell USED cosmetics so I can't even re-list it now. He knows & I know that he pulled a switch on me! Either that or he needed it for some occasion and now that he was done with it he thought he would get someone else (like me) to pay for it all. My first email was to ask him if he had any explanation for this as it's possible it was an unintentional mistake. I included photos showing the usage & damage as well as his packing material proving no spillage/damage had occurred during shipping. He immediately escalated his case & won by phone. He then left negative feedback warning off potential customers. I dropped from 100 to 93.8%. I wasn't able to work things out because he wouldn't engage in civil conversation. He just ranted and name called and got very vicious. Anyway by this time I knew I had got TOOK!  No wonder he was careful NOT to ask any questions about colour BEFORE he bought it. That was his ruse to get me to accept the return. And no wonder he wouldn't settle for a partial refund when he knew it was so easy to get a full refund + Shp.

Ebay refunded his $ instantly but for about 24 hrs they were messaging that the case was still in review. Ha! I lost & buyer was the first to know. Called for an appeal. I lost. Asked to speak to a supervisor. Lost again within 2 mins. I tried to take exception to his saying that for all they know this could have happened in the mail, I tried to tell him about my photos of the return packing materials that clearly showing no spillage/damage during shipment . He snapped at me to stop talking over him as he wanted to say what he had to say quickly. He didn't talk with me .. he talked at me. Told me to take action outside of ebay if I'm not happy. And he told me to have a nice day. 

Is there anyone higher up on ebay that I can appeal or protest to? Someone who will be more respectful and impartial?  I think I may be leaving this shark tank called ebay but just the same, I would like to know all the places where I went wrong on this transaction. I know I made a lot of mistakes. My listings need work too. Item was BNIB ... so what could go wrong I thought? I would appreciate any helpful critique and guidance. Thanks so much!

Message 1 of 44
latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

Re: Can I go higher than an Appeal supervisor on a Buyer Scam?

@**oldcherrylane** wrote:

LOL ... you're a good Mom pocoloco .... as well a sweetie to give me all this info! Checked out your link and liked what I saw. Guess I might as well wait a little and try to snag it on sale.

Thanks for your help!

lol Poco never struck me as the motherly type although I bet he babies his dog.

Message 41 of 44
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

@**oldcherrylane** wrote:

LOL ... you're a good Mom pocoloco .... as well a sweetie to give me all this info! Checked out your link and liked what I saw. Guess I might as well wait a little and try to snag it on sale.

Thanks for your help!

lol Poco never struck me as the motherly type although I bet he babies his dog.

Since I am male, it is hard to be be the motherly type. Fatherly, maybe, lol.

Daisy is a great dog. Flat coat retriever. My avatar picture is her. She is 9 years old and acts like a puppy. Loves to play fetch with a tennis ball. Great friend to have.

Message 42 of 44
latest reply

oops ... sorry pocomoco .... glad you have a sense of humour about it.  Robot LOL

Message 43 of 44
latest reply

lol ... Silly me .. again! On the rare occasion when I actually fix something around the house my brother will say to me, " Your THE Man, Sis!!" .... makes me giggle every time!

Message 44 of 44
latest reply