Can I print shipping labels for small packets from Canada to USA?

Can I print shipping labels for small packets from Canada to USA? Will I save on shipping cost to print shipping labels rather than do it at the post office?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Yes, you can print small packet labels for the US and other countries through ebay/paypal shipping. There is no discount for small packet or light packet but there are discounts for some services.

http://pages.ebay.ca/sellerinformation/shipping/ebaylabelsfaq.html

• Save up to 18% on Canada Post domestic shipments via Expedited Parcel™, Save up to 18% on Canada Post US shipments via Expedited Parcel™-USA.
  • Save up to 14% on Canada Post international and US shipments via Tracked Packet™-International and Tracked Packet ™-USA.
  • Save 8% on Canada Post domestic shipments via Xpresspost™ and Regular Parcel.
  • Save 9% on Canada Post U.S. shipments via Xpresspost™-U.S.A. and international shipments via Xpresspost™-International (Discounts not available on USA and International Small Packets and Light Packet services).
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Thanks for the info and do you know if I can print labels for CD's that are considered small packets by Canada post?

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

If a package is less than 2 cm thick, you can usually use light packet USA or international. It is less expensive than small packet. If you are shipping that CD within Canada and it is less than 2cm, you can use lettermail. Many sellers do use letter post for items like that to the U.S. as well but technically, you are supposed to use letter post out of the country for documents only.

If you put in your measurements and weight on the Canada Post calculator, it will tell you what services you can use for that weight and size.

http://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

What if the label is larger than the CD mailer which is 127 mm X 127 mm ( 5" X 5")? Thanks!!

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Use your printer driver options to reduce the size of the label. Printing at 80% to 90% will reduce the size of the label yet still be legible to read the ship to address for processing in the mail.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Thanks and what do I do with the label ? Attach it to the CD mailer or take it to the post office? I need an anaswer asap please? Thanks!!

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@puppydog86 wrote:

Thanks and what do I do with the label ? Attach it to the CD mailer or take it to the post office? I need an anaswer asap please? Thanks!!

Securely attach the label to the mailer and drop it off at the post office or in a red postal box.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply