Can I still use my Canada Post pre-paid shipping boxes?

snuffiegonemad
Community Member

I didn't learn that they had been discontinued until recently.  I still have a few left.  Can I still use them?  If yes, how do I use them now that the system has been discontinued?  If not, is there a way to return them?  Does Canada Post take them back?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Your best bet would be to contact Canada Post about the boxes!

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

You would be best to ask Canada Post about those useless things.

Generally, Canada Post does not "demonetize" any of their postal stationery, but in this case, I think the co-branded boxes were not postal stationary (like a prepaid envelope or airmail flimsy if you are old enough to remember those) but were just packaging.

If there is a stamp dealer near you, or a stamp show comes to town, you could try selling them to any of the dealers who have boxes of envelopes on their tables. Those are the guys most likely to be interested in postal ephemera. You might get $2 apiece for them at best.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

scifan57
Community Member
The time period to use any remaining pre paid shipping boxes has expired. CanadaPost does not give refunds for them. Your best bet is the info provided by femmefan about selling to a stamp dealer or at a stamp show.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Hello,

you can still use them, if you go into paypal and pick parcel on the right side it gives the option of flat rate parcel, from what I've read we will be able to use these for a while.  You can't use them as a shipping option in a listing but you can use them even if another option is paid.  For instance you state shipping to the US will be $25 and customer pays, flat rate only costs $21 or so, you can mail the flat rate and refund customer etc.  Check expedited for anything to the US over 500 grams though, it usually is cheaper to do that than the flat rate box, which is why I'm still stuck with a lot of them.  It takes almost 3 kilos to make it worthwhile to the US.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

ooops, sorry, I just realized you were talking about pre-paid and not flat rate, disregard the last message...LOL

Message 6 of 6
latest reply