Archive 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

eBay Restricting use of outdated Internet Security Protocol

Hi eBay Members, eBay has decided to restrict the use of outdated Internet Security Protocol, SSL 3.0, because we have determined that it does not meet our standards. As such, some Turbo Lister users could see some connectivity issues. For more infor...

Holiday Returns available in Turbo Lister

Hi Turbo Lister Users, The option to apply Holiday Returns in Turbo Lister is now available in the Beta version of the program. When deciding whether or not to be a Beta user, please keep in mind that the beta versions aren't free of bugs, nor are th...

HolidayReturns.jpg

Recent Issues w/Turbo Lister Sign In

Hi Turbo Lister Users, A recent Windows update has caused some programs, including Turbo Lister, to crash. To sign-in to Turbo Lister before the improved Windows update is released, please follow these steps: Open Internet Explorer Open the Tools men...

Unpaid eBay invoice affects visibility ?

I noticed a drop in sales in the middle of the month, every month. My billing date is 15th. I pay my fees continuously twice a week. My sales on Mon/Tue were 1/3 of the previous week's Mon/Tue but on Tuesday I paid remaining pending portion of the in...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Candian Seller & buyer are the worst....

It's just from my humble and limited experience, yours might be different. it seems with all the buying and selling i've done on ebay in the last few years, Canadian consistently are some of the worst seller and buyer alike. My latest purchase was fo...

Ok, here is a good one... :)

I had a buyer purchase 2 items from me, and both ship for free. Below is a copy and paste of the feedback she left for me... beautiful. I am not sure if the items got combined for s&h Ummmm.... I am not sure, but if they both ship for FREE, and yes t...

AdCommerce

As some of you may know, Adcommerce for USA and Canada was discontinued yesterday in its present form. Does anyone have info about a replacement program in any form whatsoever? Bernie

• 22 replies
  • 0 helpful

Thanks for your help with address

Thank you to those who posted earlier this morning regarding the address that I posted that I needed help with. My post was reported to eBay and removed. However, before whomever reported it.....I wanted to let you know that your responses helped me ...

Even the trade shows are slow!

DH and I spent 2 days at the trade show in Toronto this week. We have been attending the show regularly for many years and have NEVER seen it so slow! Most of the people walking up and down the aisles were sales reps who normally don't have time to l...

Excessive pre-sale requests - indication of trouble customer ?

If a lead keeps asking the same thing over and over (give discount) and not reading your explanations why you cannot do it, is it a good idea to can him after 7th email ? Well I did. My pricing model is based on "get in, pick your stuff, pay, get out...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Embracing the competition

I have often posted that one should embrace competitors, forget the "old school" thinking and implement the "new school" one. Sometimes those posts have led to some pretty heated replies; implying that I "don't get it". Following is a partial copy an...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Paypal login problems

Has anyone been having problems logging into Paypal? Intermittently, I have not been able to log into any of our PP accounts this PM. Bernie

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Are these URL's permitted?

280538942556 The seller sometimes includes a watermark in his listing pics which resolves to his outside of eBay store. I have always understood this to be a policy violation. He is not really a serious competitor but I called support to find out if ...

• 9 replies
  • 0 helpful

Selling books...listing on .com

Hi All, I've not sold any books of any kind on eBay since eBay.com instituted a cap on shipping. My questions are: Where may I find these shipping limits? Should I list these on .ca when everything else I list is on .com? If I list the books on .ca w...

Adcommerce acuses me of "misleading targeting" LMAO

Hello folks. As you know ad-commerce is gone as of yesterday. This morning I received an email from them that may be a phish but doesn't appear to be so. Here's what they just sent me: "We wanted to inform you that after review we have decided to dea...

eBay customer service (or lack of it)

i received an email today regarding "false reporting", after spending 20 minutes trying to find the right subject so i can contact ebay to find out what's this about, i was hook up with a "live chat" agent. after holding for more than 15 minutes so s...

I always sell more when listings top over 500 - coincidence?

It seems I am always selling a lot more items when my listings top over 500. It's something I've noticed for a good year at least now. Is there a reasonable explanation for this? Is it possible that I get better standing in best match because of this...

Are you using INTERAC Email Money Transfer ?

Just seen an online offer from PCF on this feature. Also checked with CIBC, where I have my business acct (PCF is practically CIBC) and they also support it. Seems like banks are going into PayPal territory. Good for us. The fee is flat $1.50 between...

• 9 replies
  • 0 helpful

10 Cent Listing days July 27th & 28th

Hi All, I was wondering if others received this email? I could find no mention of this event on the Announcements boards etc so I wonder If it is a spoof. Its addressed to store owners only. Thanks

If you have notice any bugs on ebay

or glitches, or have an idea that could make the system run better, Kalvin has posted a thread on CTS looking for input; http://forums.ebay.ca/topic/Canada-Town-Square/Ebay-Bugs-38/500048879#1279077100709 This is our chance to impress on ebay managem...

Link FROM my website to eBay listings

I read somewhere that any eBay sale made as a result of traffic directed to my eBay listings from my company website is eligible for a FV discount of 75%. There was even code that you could put in the link on your website. Of course, when I needed it...

Okay, who broke the after-life thread?

The thing goes up to post 334 for me and just....stops. Won't go to the bottom pf the page, won't acknowledge there is another page beyond it. Susan posts a comment and it won't take me to it. Plas, your's is the last comment I see - what did you do?

Paypal Shipping Label Timeline

Does anyone know if there is an expiry on a Paypal shipping label? For example, I have a buyer who has paid by echeck, which won't clear for about a week normally, and I plan to be away for a little while. So if I package the item, print a shipping l...

Retract a neutral ??

Greetings everyone I hope everyones summer is full of pars and birdies. I have a terrific and regular customer from Florida that gave me a neutral by mistake.She has apologized and wants to rectify it.Is it possible to do that?and if so what is the p...

Why does eBay force sellers to join Power Seller program?

Dear Customer Support, I emailed you 3 days ago requesting my Power Seller status be removed. Your service commitment is to reply within 24 hours for Power Seller. It has been 72 hours and I still haven't heard from you despite my repeated request. I...

CP rate increase

I guess we were not paying enough postage... While prices will rise, on average, 20 per cent for Xpresspost – USA and Expedited Parcel – USA services, the rate increase will take place in 2 phases: * Prices will increase on average less than 12 per c...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Customer Wants Cancel - But Has no eBay Acct

This customer placed two orders from eBay within a week. His ID is constructed from his name and 4-digit number and was created on same day as first order was placed. Now he wants to cancel second order (emails directly) and when I asked him to confi...

• 19 replies
  • 0 helpful

Talk about fast shipping !!!

C & P from FB: Kanada-Deutschland in 2 Tagen und die Ware ist Top Essentially saying "Canada to Germany in 2 days". If we only had that kind of service to the USA... Bernie

Shipping times to US buyer

How do you get US buyer to understand that it take two weeks on average to receive a Parcel. They think the parcel should be there in a few days as if it were shipped in the US. They also don't notice they are buying from a Canadian Buyer. How can th...

How Am I a Power Seller?

I just got the powerseller icon beside my ID. I don't get how I became a powerseller. My sales this month has been a little over $300. Last month it was $216. There is no way I should be a powerseller. What happened - did they change the requirements...

New to Ebay Canada and after tips re postage

Hi all, I have the very good fortune to have moved to canada from the uk and I want to resume selling here, I sell micro machine toys so some of the items I will post (if sold singly) are only 2.5cm x 1.5cm wide. I have looked at canadian sellers and...

Shipping out of country

Hi. I am not sure how to handle this, so I am hoping someone can help. I currently ship to the US and in Canada. Occasionally, I will open up an auction and include other countries. The reason I don't is that it is just too costly to ship with a trac...

Unanswered Questions
No posts to display.