I must cancel the transaction on eBay.fr. Why I sell on eBay.ca &com?

Hi,

I have been selling my products on eBay.com and eBay.com. A buyer from France bought a ring from us a month ago, he returned the ring because it was too small. No problem. I made a full refund to his Paypal account , then wrote him a massage that I was going to request eBay to cancel this transaction. I went to the resolution center, and requested for the cancellation. Then I got this message from ebay,

" This order was purchased on eBay.fr, so you need to go to that site to cancel the order.

How does it happen, this transaction was recorded on My eBay on eBay.ca, I did not sell my products on eBay.fr. How could he buy my product on eBay. fr? I don't speak french, Is there anyway I can cancel this transaction on eBay English speaking site.

Please help me.

Thank you for your time.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

That's a puzzler. One would assume you would be able to cancel the transaction from the site on which it was listed, not bought.

It may be nothing more than a momentary technical glitch. Try it a second time, being absolutely positive you're on the site from which it was listed (as it's easy to mix-up ebay.ca and ebay.com) and then if you are still unsuccessful call Customer Service to iron it out.

In late October, ebay rolled out the global marketplace initiative and basically all sellers now agree by default to allow their listings to be translated to potentially any language and sold on any ebay site NOT blocked by their specific seller's shipping preferences. (There was an announcement.) As I understand it, that means my own listings could be translated into Martian and sold on ebay.mars unless I specifically block shipping to Outer Space so I have done so. Of course, I am being facetious, but you understand what I mean. Best of luck going forward. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

That's a puzzler. One would assume you would be able to cancel the transaction from the site on which it was listed, not bought.

It may be nothing more than a momentary technical glitch. Try it a second time, being absolutely positive you're on the site from which it was listed (as it's easy to mix-up ebay.ca and ebay.com) and then if you are still unsuccessful call Customer Service to iron it out.

In late October, ebay rolled out the global marketplace initiative and basically all sellers now agree by default to allow their listings to be translated to potentially any language and sold on any ebay site NOT blocked by their specific seller's shipping preferences. (There was an announcement.) As I understand it, that means my own listings could be translated into Martian and sold on ebay.mars unless I specifically block shipping to Outer Space so I have done so. Of course, I am being facetious, but you understand what I mean. Best of luck going forward. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thanks.
It was a momentary technical glitch. I tried a second time. And I could cancel the transaction. I wish my site not to be seen in the countries where I exclude.

Thank you again for your time.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

THIS EXACT SAME THING JUST HAPPENED TO ME THIS MORNING! Of all the odd coincidences. For me, however, it was not a technical error that resolved itself and I had to log into Ebay france and wade my way through it until I found (I hope) what I needed. How very silly. I did get to see the Translation in action though. (It also didn't work.)
Message 4 of 4
latest reply