Can't find ANYTHING in the product catalogue.

Anyone else having this issue? I know eBay doesn't recognize all UPC/ISBN numbers (especially if it's a Canadian-specific item), but lately I can't find a single thing in the product catalogue.

When I used to list a media item (video game, DVD, CD, etc.), I would just click on the "Sell" button at the top of the screen (or select "Sell Similar" from a current active listing) and it would take me to a page to start my listing, asking me to input the title or UPC or whatever. I would then enter whatever info I had (I'd start with UPC and if that didn't work I would just put in a title and find the correct version), and it would match my listing with that particular entry in the product catalogue.

Now when I go to make a new listing and type the title/UPC/whatever into the search box it doesn't give me any options for the product catalogue whatsoever! I even type in a generic search term like "aerosmith" and all it does is give me a list of potential categories.

Did eBay remove product catalogue functionality? I'm at a loss. This all seems to have happened when eBay switched over to their 'new' selling form - I was never having this issue with the old selling form, and I have no idea how to get back to the old form (or if it's even an option anymore).

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I think that the catalogue function is not working right.   I had a CD that previously had a listing in the catalogue and others are using it and it couldn't come up for me this time.  I had used it in the past.  

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

tobyshitzu
Community Member
you have to type it in then hit the get started button. Just typing it in suggests categories
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I posted the following in another thread last Sunday.

"The UPC codes for cds are worse than messed up.  I'm trying to list a cd of "Kim Mitchell - Rockland".  It makes no difference if I enter the UPC  code or title, it says there is nothing in the catalogue.  Yet when I search other peoples listings many do have ebays info of the cd!  I can't figure out how others are getting the catalogue info, yet I can't seem to access it."

It would appear that earlier listings made previously could access product catalogue info, but now it is unavailable.  I don't know why this is happening.  It seems that ever since the change to Canadian currency this summer that ebay is plagued with "glitches".  Just my humble opinion.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

you have to type it in then hit the get started button. Just typing it in suggests categories

----------

This seemed to have fixed my immediate problem. Wow is that every un-intuitive. One would think that after typing in something in the search bar you would then choose an item from the drop-down list that is populated. But no, you have to ignore that and then press the "Get Started" button. And then hope that eBay has something that matches otherwise it goes straight into the "Sell Your Item" form.

And like 50% of the media items I try to search for have no matching entry in the product catalogue. What a mess this is.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply