Canada Post - Stamp promo / Expedited late holiday / Xpresspost additions

25% off Custom Picture stamp postage until November 25

Custom stamps allow you use your own photo/image on the stamp.
Stamp values of "P", $1.20, $1.80 or $2.50 are available.
With the 25% discount on a 50 stamp order you pay less than face value for the $1.80 and $2.50 stamps.

http://picturepostage.ca/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/en/cpc-cpc/stamps?ecid=e-mail|pdn|smc|789

-..-

Expedited holiday claims for late arrival:

from November 21, 2016 to January 6, 2017, Canada Post will only honour service guarantee claims for late delivery if an Expedited Parcel item is delivered two or more business days after the delivery standard, instead of one business day.

-..-

Xpresspost - International expanded to 19 additional countries (Oct 24)

BELARUS, COSTA RICA, CROATIA, ESTONIA, INDONESIA, JAMAICA, LATVIA, LITHUANIA, MALTA, MAURITIUS, MEXICO, ROMANIA, SAUDIA ARABIA, SERBIA, SLOVAKIA, THAILAND, TRINIDAD & TOBAGO, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES, VIETNAM

I have no idea if paypal has updated shipping for these countries.

-..-

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Canada Post - Stamp promo / Expedited late holiday / Xpresspost additions

Wasn't Vietnam on the 'naughty countries' list along with Iran and Cuba? There were seven nations as I recall, and DH was peeved because his best customers for pre-revolution Cuba couldn't pay by Paypal.

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Vietnam is okay far as I know. The naughty list I have is Cuba, North Korea, Iran, Sudan and Syria. But, that may have changed. Can't list on eBay or pay by PP, but there are a few ways around it. 

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

@photosalp wrote:

Vietnam is okay far as I know. The naughty list I have is Cuba, North Korea, Iran, Sudan and Syria. But, that may have changed. Can't list on eBay or pay by PP, but there are a few ways around it. 

The (embargo) list used to include Myanmar (formerly Burma) but they were taken off a couple of years ago.

Iran should be coming off the list soon if it's not already and afaik Cuba was only on the US list.

Vietnam was never on the list (at least not since the end of the Vietnam War).

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 19
latest reply

From November 21, 2016 to January 6, 2017, Canada Post will only honour service guarantee claims for late delivery if an Expedited Parcel item is delivered two or more business days after the delivery standard, instead of one business day.

Well, isn't that just a kick to the seat of the trousers? Essentially, what they are telling us is that the Canada Post service guarantees don't count at the one time of year when they actually matter? I cry foul. 

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does it include Tracked Packet?  I know on PayPal Tracked Packet is not offered for Austria but at the post office outlet it is offer Tracked Packet.

Actually Canada Post needs to "work" with PayPal by informing PayPal up to date not months, month, months later?

I know some countries we can send XpressPost but not Tracked Packet to the same countries, it doesn't make sense!

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

From November 21, 2016 to January 6, 2017, Canada Post will only honour service guarantee claims for late delivery if an Expedited Parcel item is delivered two or more business days after the delivery standard, instead of one business day.

Well, isn't that just a kick to the seat of the trousers? Essentially, what they are telling us is that the Canada Post service guarantees don't count at the one time of year when they actually matter? I cry foul. 

FedEx and UPS usually suspend their service guarantees entirely at that time of year.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
Message 7 of 19
latest reply

Really. I cannot imagine who would continue to use those couriers if that were the case. Certainly, I wouldn't.
Message 8 of 19
latest reply

Honeybed, that's a Pitney Bowes issue. It's been on Raphael's ongoing issues list for months. Those Tracked Acket destinations are more than a year out-of-date.
Message 9 of 19
latest reply

Here is the FedEx notice

http://images.fedex.com/us/services/pdf/holiday-money-back-guarantee.pdf

UPS is here

http://holidays.ups.com/ca/en/

For both except for their Express services it's not just an extension of the guarantee, it's a complete suspension. It has also been standard practice at Canada Post for many years.

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

I repeat: I wouldn't use a carrier that told me in advance it was planning to let me down when I needed it most.

What has also been 'standard practice at Canada Post for many years'?
Message 11 of 19
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:
I repeat: I wouldn't use a carrier that told me in advance it was planning to let me down when I needed it most.

What has also been 'standard practice at Canada Post for many years'?

I don't think anyone is "planning" anything other than planning on telling you to be prepared for possible delays and to not expect any compensation.

The standard practice is the suspension or extension of delivery guarantees during the Christmas period.

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

"The standard practice is the suspension or extension of delivery guarantees during the Christmas period."

For whom? Canada Post? Cite your source, please.

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:
 I wouldn't use a carrier that told me in advance it was planning to let me down when I needed it most.

How are you coming to this conclusion that they are "planning to let you down"?

This like electric company announcing there may be power interruptions due to anticipated high winds.

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

Canada Post is announcing in advance they expect to neither meet their delivery standards nor honor them. That's very clear in the statement.
Message 15 of 19
latest reply

I'm a toy seller. Each year, I dispatch gifts across Canada up to, including, and beyond the deadline for Xpresspost. An extra 'two to three business days' of delay on delivery is the difference between 'Christmas is saved!' and 'Christmas is ruined!' Who do you think my buyers will hold accountable for that? Is eBay suddenly NOT going to hold sellers accountable for our delivery standards?
Message 16 of 19
latest reply

Should we assume then that you always shut down in December since ALL carriers have this policy?

What have you done in previous years given that ALL carriers have had this type of policy for DECADES?

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

Cite your sources, please. Canada Post has not
Message 18 of 19
latest reply

@recped wrote:

Should we assume then that you always shut down in December since ALL carriers have this policy?

What have you done in previous years given that ALL carriers have had this type of policy for DECADES?

I'm waiting for your source that shows Canada Post Corporation has done this in previous years. Will you be citing a source to prove your statement, or shall we assume it is hyperbole?

Message 19 of 19
latest reply