Canada Post sending items back asking for more $$$$

ksdunitz
Community Member
I have had 10 items come back from Canada Post even though it was measured and weighed ....yes correctly.

I used to take it to the local post office.

2 staff members greived on me for making more work for them and then said they had to make up the work level for thier quota.

So... I took it to another local post office, everthing was great for 2 months then they stated that either items were over weight or oversized. I went in disputed the claim...made them show me the scale weight and size. I was right they were wrong and told me that "they had to make up the quota for the post office and by me doing my own shipping labels it did no count for this office". I was shipping about 40 to 60 items a month.

Solved the problem by going to Shoppers Drug mart... they don't care and have not had a single item returned to me since.

Post employees....Government employess grrrrrrrrrrrr.

Wont say what I would like to

Just wondered if anyone else had this happen.

kevin
Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

thebonnieshop
Community Member
I have not had the exact problem but I have also switched from the Post Office to Shoppers Drug Mart. They are open late and I find them to be much friendlier.
Message 2 of 35
latest reply

My local postmaster has done nothing but gripe since I started using EST - he is losing $1500+ monthly on my shipping. I've started either dropping smaller pakages into the mailbox or using my local Mac's Milk which has a postal outlet - their employees don't care either and don't give me a hard time.

Ann

Message 3 of 35
latest reply

mtbcards
Community Member
I too only go to Shoppers Drugmart now.. The hours are the best, they are open on Saturdays, and the staff a really friendly. They also give me free shipping supplies (Which as you know, add up fast!) I only ship maybe 60 packages a month and about 100-150 padded mailers.. but it seems I'm in there every day buying more stuff... 🙂
Message 4 of 35
latest reply

itrecovery
Community Member
I have small packets USA returned to me on regular basis as CanPost mixed up with from/to part of labels. Lamers...
Message 5 of 35
latest reply

coastwindchimes
Community Member
Hi itrecovery~ they fill in the labels for you? Wow. I do my own at home (the address section) so I don't have to wait around so long at the post office. I also know they are done right, like that.

Anyway, it seems to me that they are suddenly more concerned about quotas-- the online stamp stuff must really be pinching them.
Message 6 of 35
latest reply

I have small packets USA returned to me on regular basis as CanPost mixed up with from/to part of labels. Lamers...

Hi itrecovery~ they fill in the labels for you?

I think itrecovery means they delivered to the From address instead of the To address. I've had this quite a few times, put a stop to it by highliting the (plainly obvious) ship to address.

Most recent hilarity last week, send an OS letter to Japan (CD mailer), it was a recylcled mailer that had my address on the back (covered in two layers of tan packing tape), on the front the "ship to" address in black marker, the postage sticker, air mail sticker and a CN22, two days later it's in my mailbox. I can almost understand a possible mix-up in the processing plant but why the CP delivery idiot didn't react is beyond me.
"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 7 of 35
latest reply

momosworld
Community Member
What everyone does not realize is that the Post Office (Actual Canadapost head office depot in your area) Picks up the packages from Shoppers Drug Mart and take it back to their center for processing.

Moez My mommy says i'm cool

My mommy says i'm cool

Message 8 of 35
latest reply

thebonnieshop
Community Member
I don't understand the point you are making Moez. We are talking about the friendliness/convenience of the counter staff at SDM vs Canada Post. Am I missing something?
Message 9 of 35
latest reply

jakeeangel
Community Member
I'm guessing he means that even though it's dropped off at an SDM who doesn't care about the size, Canada Post still processes the stuff so the returned shipments will still happen. The processing plant will still measure and weigh the package and it could still be returned if incorrect or measured by a nimrod.

Nice meeting you at Live Moez! :-D

Come See What Else We've Got Up For Auction!

Come & Learn eBay!
Message 10 of 35
latest reply

We drive our packages twice a week to the local CanadaPOST distribution center usually at 4-5am in the morning and no problems sofar...they have a street box where we put the parcels into and like this we have no interaction whatsoever with their employees.

Our mailperson still mixes up our mail despite having talked to her on three occasions -- she/they just DO NOT CARE if the mail get delivered to the right address or not.
Message 11 of 35
latest reply

auctionsalebargains
Community Member
I live 4 kms from a Postal Outlet, however, to avoid the whining, complaining, deliberately unhelpful staff at the POSTAL OUTLET , I take my parcels 11 kms to a Home Hardware store that has a tiny postal outlet in it. I leave all my parcels in a Canada Post sack(provided to me by their staff) I just set the bag of parcels at their front door at 4:30 pm each day and by 4:50 pm the CP truck driver picks it up and sets it in his truck. No double checking, re-weighing or re-measuring. Since I switched to online shipping tools, there is no money in quibbling prices at the Hardware store, so the quicker my stuff leaves the better it is for them. Canada Post Employees hate Ebay Sellers, even though, we are a new MAJOR SOURCE OF WORK for their company. We pay for the service like anyone else, but are given shoddy, at times malicious service and advice from CP employees. I too have had parcels sent to the return address(mine) It is done on purpose, as NO ONE is that stupid, not even CP employees. CP employees will make mistakes to discourage you from coming back to their outlet. The bitch who heads up my local CP outlet, actually screams & turns red while giving false instructions. In over 875 parcels shipped only 4 have ever gotten broken-you guessed it, when they were droped off at that Postal Outlet. I am hoping that eventually as the use of online shipping tols increases, some of these POSTAL NIGHTMARE EMPLOYEES will get the boot, for lack of work. It would serve them right!! Love the topic. Thanks for the outlet!!

PHIL
Message 12 of 35
latest reply

ksdunitz
Community Member
Well in reference to Moez....

They do not weigh it or measure it when dropped to other outlets other than a Canada Post outlet.. they just take it to distribution and then to central processing in my case it goes to Mississauga and I take it into Peterborugh SDM main store.

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only target for these ever so helpful Canada Post Employees...

kevin
Message 13 of 35
latest reply

ksdunitz
Community Member
Or ya and about breakage.... lps shipped from Post office broken...

from SDM not broken

do the math....bastards

kevin
Message 14 of 35
latest reply

I live in a smaller town. I like going to the Post Office more so than printing my own labels. The ladies are real nice and sometimes are lazy or maybe really like me 😉 and don't weigh or measure the package. Therefore I get a cheaper shipping rate occasionally. 🙂 Guess I'm fortunate. I've taken packages to other outlets and wondered how the price can be higher. I'll stick to the small town Post Office girls.

I have quams about doing my own labels and dropping off in a postal box somewhere. I fear having the package returned to me saying that there isn't enough postage on it because my measurements didn't add up to their measurements.

Out of my nearly 300 packages shipped, have not had one returned. Had a few not show at their destination and one case just the box showed. lol!
Message 15 of 35
latest reply

ksdunitz
Community Member
Just a reply to wpv2.... you pay more at the post office as they charge a service or help desk charge as they call it.
Message 16 of 35
latest reply

thebonnieshop
Community Member
Also, if your measurements aren't correct, they just charge you for the extra postage. They don't return the package.
Message 17 of 35
latest reply

tobyshitzu
Community Member
I've been avoiding dealing with outlets whenever possible...and last week found out multiple items put in a red box were set on fire. It took CP 3 weeks to return what was left (fully intact address - in fact I can't understand how what they returned was unscathed - the contents of one envelope while just an envelope without contents for the other - if there was a fire to damage the rest). Never thought twice abotu deposting in a mail box before, this would be considered a good neighbourhood. The form letter was dated may 29 but not received by myself and a customer until jun 16 so i guess they just didn't bother to mail it for awhile. So outlet or box, you just can't win 😞
Message 18 of 35
latest reply

I live in a wee village. I'm a multi-site homebased business. Because of this we deal with postmasters in at least 3 other small towns close to mine, and mine of course! ALL of them are excellent! They are helpful, and appreciate the things I do for them, as I appreciate the things they do for me. Because I sell postage stamps, all my customers want actual stamps on the packages and they want interesting ones. This makes more work for the postmaster because I need them to cancel them nicely, but again, have never had a complaint. I've always done up the labels myself and have the postage already on the boxes along with the weight and the postage value that is affixed. It is probably worth mentioning that I've been selling mailorder for 28 years now, Ebay is just a more recent means of selling, and this positive PO experience covers those 28 years! It is probably also worth mentioning that a few times I have had to deal with city POs and the majority of those experiences have been very poor. Makes me glad that I live in a wee village!
Message 19 of 35
latest reply

ksdunitz
Community Member
reply to ricarmic....

I bet you know the people personally....that would make all the difference.

Also I filed a complaint with Canada Post about this issue and about the breakage.....gee....ya there was no reply and I gave my name and number etc.

Not a big surprise to me

Shoppers Drug Mart is still my best bet....
Message 20 of 35
latest reply