Canada Post sending items back asking for more $$$$

ksdunitz
Community Member
I have had 10 items come back from Canada Post even though it was measured and weighed ....yes correctly.

I used to take it to the local post office.

2 staff members greived on me for making more work for them and then said they had to make up the work level for thier quota.

So... I took it to another local post office, everthing was great for 2 months then they stated that either items were over weight or oversized. I went in disputed the claim...made them show me the scale weight and size. I was right they were wrong and told me that "they had to make up the quota for the post office and by me doing my own shipping labels it did no count for this office". I was shipping about 40 to 60 items a month.

Solved the problem by going to Shoppers Drug mart... they don't care and have not had a single item returned to me since.

Post employees....Government employess grrrrrrrrrrrr.

Wont say what I would like to

Just wondered if anyone else had this happen.

kevin
Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

itrecovery
Community Member
NO, we are filling labels ourselves via OBC (on-line tool). As RECPED said, they ship small pakets back to us because they mixed up between "FROM" and "TO" sections of label. Highligting word "TO" with yellow marker helps.

We also have daily pick ups from Canada Post. It cost us only $15 per week if we have less then 15 parcels and $6 if we have more.
Message 21 of 35
latest reply

tobyshitzu
Community Member
The only way i ever got anything done with complaints to canada post was to start contacting the CAO/CEO directly. The execs all have firstname.lastname@ emails.
Message 22 of 35
latest reply

jasonsportscards
Community Member
haven't had that problem, mind i have hit shoppers to do my mailing since day one, as they are the closest. only problem i am having right now is all the mail that is not going to buyer. some i think r scams as they r fairly new, but those that have made purchased with 800+ all positive feedback r not recieving thier packages, it has me worried cause each case i will loose with paypal, as they prefer buyers over sellers, since the buyer will not purchase insurance which is offered
Message 23 of 35
latest reply

ksdunitz
Community Member
the bastards did it again... I tried a different post office in a small town close to me.

Sent back packages to me telling me they nedded more money.

I reweighed them, measured them, I was right they were wrong.

now I'm going to list the Canada Post offices that I have had the problems with.

Lakefield Ontario
Warsaw Ontario
Havelock Ontario
Norwood Ontario
Omemee Ontario

Each of these offices have screwed me. By listing them it is my hope that anyone that is in this area will avoid them.
Message 24 of 35
latest reply

submitoffice.com
Community Member
I drop it off in the post office box on the street, it is no problem for me so far. Don't go to your local post office outlet unless you pay them there...

Shopper drag mark is good, go there....
Message 25 of 35
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
Yup, ya gotta find a small postal outlet in a store somewhere. Variety store, Hardware store, Shopper's Drug mart. You will get nowhere with Canada Post Outlets. Here's a few Canada Post outlets and the towns they are in, I have had trouble with:

Palmerston Ontario
Drayton Ontario
Listowel Ontario(really bad)

If you want to stay in business, mail your stuff from somewhere other than the government run outlets.
Canada Post employee motto:
I AM WEE TODD DIDD
I AM WEE LEE WEE TODD DID

p&k
Message 26 of 35
latest reply

ksdunitz
Community Member
I love it keep posting those outlets..

Ya I go to shoppers d mart

K
Message 27 of 35
latest reply

tobyshitzu
Community Member
Hmm, locally I'd warm people not to use Shoppers. 3 of the 4 I've used are the worst 3 of 8 outlets in the city I've used. The overcharging for people processing items at the counter is incredible The staff often act annoyed a customer has dared to come in. The 1 Shoppers that is alright has staff that average decades older age then the other 3.
Message 28 of 35
latest reply

jasonsportscards
Community Member
i use the shoppers outlet everyday, as soon as i walk in they smile, and ask how many today. i thikn its funny, but never had a problem wiht them and they are always courteious. otherwise i mainly use the drop box in front of thier store for smaller package items. only a few times over the last yr have i had a problem wiht the weight, but then again i don't havea scale so its all good
Message 29 of 35
latest reply

In my experience it comes down to the individuals working the counters. I shipped from a CP outlet in Coquitlam every morning for 3 years. Only one employee there, an Asian woman, was both friendly and efficient. The rest came up short and the original guy, an Asian man now retired, was dim-witted, lazy, and consistently downright nasty in disposition. He'd do as little as his union would allow. Now I ship from a SDM in North Burnaby where most of the employees are both friendly and sharp as a laser with only an occasional slow learner.
Message 30 of 35
latest reply

londongal69
Community Member
I gave up almost altogether with canada post and thank goodness i live fairly close to the US border. I do all my shipping from there so much cheaper no measuring every single package. For instance i can mail a small lightweight package from the USA to nova scotia for under $2 airmail if i had mailed it from ontario to nova scotia here it was nearly $12. Unbelievable and the US provides all their mailing packages polybags, boxes, envelopes for free..so if any of you are near a border crossing it may be worth your while.:-)
Message 31 of 35
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
Just received a parcel from Australia.....

It was one I mailed to a customer in April. It was marked return to sender for wrong address. If a parcel is mailed AIR PARCEL it is supposed to be returned AIR PARCEL, that's what the CPC website says.
On top of being missing for 3 months, it was returned bent and damaged, with contents thoroughly destroyed. I asked the CPC drone these questions:

Where has this been the last 3 months?
ANSWER: I DON'T KNOW
What happened to it?
Who can I complain to?

Thank you for your help to:Donna Tout
Palmerston Post Office
Palmerston, Ontario Canada
N0G2P0
Message 32 of 35
latest reply

ksdunitz
Community Member
keep up the good work posting those bad
post office locations
Message 33 of 35
latest reply

3jcc14
Community Member
Hi, I live in a smaller centre and find the Real CPC Staff quite friendly and helpful. They have jokingly given me grief about doing online shipping and cutting their workload but they know that I am saving quite abit each time and they are okay with that. I still have them process my Small Packet items as there is no savings online. I'm lucky to live in an area where I belong to both the Western and Ontario/Quebec Expresspost regions. More than once I have seen CPC employees suggesting to people to use prepaid Expresspost to send items to save money over regular parcel rates.
Message 34 of 35
latest reply

ksdunitz
Community Member
in response ato 3jcc14.........they are not joking

they do not like it as it hurts their bottom line
Message 35 of 35
latest reply